The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Well, do you want to ruin those three players you just listed? Prospects require patience, they shouldn't be forced into the team just because it makes a better fourth line, I want them to develop the proper way and reach their full potential. I would take 1-2 more years of Gaunce-Chaput-Skille for our prospects to succeed.

Unless the prospects are better players, right?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Unless the prospects are better players, right?  

Not necessarily.

We might be better off in the long run by signing some tweener depth or running with what we've got while they continue to develop. 

They might be undercooked, and we want that porridge juuuussssst right.

Don't get too excited folks, according to Linden they're not going to sign him anytime soon as they feel he needs to develop a bit more physically.

When asked about signing him after their season ends, Linden replied:

“We haven’t come to a full conclusion on that, but speaking now I would say that physically he has got a ways to go,” added Linden. “For him to have another great summer of training and another great year and then make his transition to pro, is probably the direction that he’s leaning and we fully support that.

“It’s really important that when he does make the move to pro that he’s in a spot where he’s physically mature and mentally ready for it. It won’t be a waste of a year for him because he’s committed to getting better.”

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/gaudettes-rapid-ncaa-scoring-rise-has-canucks-mapping-pro-plan

• Upvote 3

Linden said today Gaudette is leaning towards another year of college but they will see what happens. 

IMO this is good to hear. Don't rush him, he needs to get stronger and make sure he's game is ready for the NHL. If he came out after this season most likely he would be in the AHL. Looks like the kid needs to get a lot stronger

Linden: "It’s really important that, when he does make the move to pro, he’s in a spot where he’s physically mature & mentally ready."

Linden: "[Another year] is probably the direction he’s leaning & we support that. It won’t be a waste, he’s committed to getting better."

Linden on signing Gaudette: "We haven’t come to a full conclusion, but speaking now I would say that, physically, he has got a ways to go."

Edited by Outsiders
  • Upvote 1

I 100% agree with Linden's assessment. Gaudette is no doubt a great prospect, but like I said earlier in this thread, it's better if he played another year at Northeastern. It's pretty easy to get sucked into his stats, but ultimately, he plays a pretty gritty two way game that he doesn't have the size for in the pros yet. 

Think Cassels, he's a great gritty two way player, but couldn't translate that in his first year pro because he didn't have the size (and imo maybe still don't) for that type of game. For Gaudette to go back another year not only allows him to work on getting stronger, but it allows him to continue working on other parts of his offensive game without Aston-Reese.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Imagine he decides to not sign with us lololol. 

we can get to that when we have to, which is still quite a while. Until then im just going to be happy popping into this thread every once in a while to check on his development.

But yea it would suck if he didn't based off how people are projecting his career to be (potentially)

On 2017-02-20 at 8:28 PM, Jam126 said:

Well, do you want to ruin those three players you just listed? Prospects require patience, they shouldn't be forced into the team just because it makes a better fourth line, I want them to develop the proper way and reach their full potential. I would take 1-2 more years of Gaunce-Chaput-Skille for our prospects to succeed.

I can't believe how often this needs to be said. 

2 hours ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

we can get to that when we have to, which is still quite a while. Until then im just going to be happy popping into this thread every once in a while to check on his development.

But yea it would suck if he didn't based off how people are projecting his career to be (potentially)

I just have a feeling he wont somehow... Idk i just hope he signs. Im 100% sure boeser will sign with us tho :D 

Hopefully Gaudette signs with the Canucks after his season next year is done. There's no indication that he won't, and as the team is rebuilding he would be given a chance to make the squad, and make a difference. 

I'm not worried about Boeser. He's going to be a Canuck, and he's going to be good in blue and green for many years. 

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

That's when you trade the asset.

Yea. But other GM's will know that Benning has an asset that wont' sign, and why would they do him a favor by trading with him? Just wait and maybe they have an opportunity to sign him - ala Vesey with the Rangers when he was drafted with Nashville. Sucked for the Preds. 

Hopefully Gaudette has character and plenty of it, that he signs with the team that's drafted him.