The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

My only concern was that a lot of his scoring seems to happen on the PP, but McGuire was saying he watched practice for 2 hours and talked to people on the team, and said he's legit good.  Needs one more year of college then he'll be ready.  Would have to think ZAR is high on JB's radar, and with roster spots opening up has a good shot at him.

I just listened to that interview on 1040's Twitter. Man was he pumped up. Pierre basically took control of the interview before they could ask him questions so he could rave about Gaudette. He went off and said he's the steal of the 2015 draft. Also said there's a few future NHLers on that team, some real good players but Adam Gaudette stood out. Loves the way he explodes and attacks when he gets the puck on his stick. 

I was was doing fist pumps in the garage listening to it haha. Someone should post it in here from Twitter. It was really good. Says 15-20 goals from Boeser is realistic next season. 

• Upvote 1

Great to see McGuire rave about Gaudette. Once he says "Buckle up, Canucks fans, Buckle up....", you just know he's going to be a very special player. McGuire couldn't give a comparison but if I had to give one, I would compare him to Tyler Johnson. He's about the same height as him too. They're also both have soft hands and do great things with the puck when they have full control of it. Another thing is they're always in the right spot at the right time and they're good in front of the net so when the puck spills out, they are there to finish it off. The kid will be special and he would look good in the lineup possibly as early as next year with our group of kids. Can't wait to see him possibly next year's training camp

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Great to see McGuire rave about Gaudette. Once he says "Buckle up, Canucks fans, Buckle up....", you just know he's going to be a very special player. McGuire couldn't give a comparison but if I had to give one, I would compare him to Tyler Johnson. He's about the same height as him too. They're also both have soft hands and do great things with the puck when they have full control of it. Another thing is they're always in the right spot at the right time and they're good in front of the net so when the puck spills out, they are there to finish it off. The kid will be special and he would look good in the lineup possibly as early as next year with our group of kids. Can't wait to see him possibly next year's training camp

Hate to break it to you, but Tyler Johnson and Adam Gaudette are separated by 4 inches.

Johnson is 5'8''

Gaudette is 6'1''

but i agree both have soft hands.

4 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

2014 meh. 2015 looks pretty good tho. 

2014 im excited about demko tho 

I wouldn't say meh. I mean if virtanen ends up how he was projected. Thats Virtanen, Demko, Tryamkin, Pettit and Stewart, plus technically Gudbranson via Mccann. 

Pretty decent draft.

Plus à 2nd for Baertschi

I agree 2015 is much better though

I loved listening to McGuire ranting about Gaudette's attacking style, between him, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin, Virtanen (if and when he gets the pro game figured out) we have a very bright looking future. If we manage to draft someone like Owen Tippett then we'll be stacked with speedy offensive attacking players and will be a nightmare for other teams to defend against. That's not to mention lesser prospects like Stukel, McKenzie and Lockwood who have shown good instincts as well...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, manroth19 said:

How is 2014 meh. Virtanen McCann tryamkin demko forsling. 5 almost sure fire nhlers. 

Jb trading them away is another story

Well yes we lost McCann but gained Goldobin and there is hope for Virtanen....

Virtanen

GoldY

Demko

Tryamkin

Boeser

Brisbois 

Gaudette

Dahlen

Yes our future is looking bright

But for the love of god, Eriksson and his massive contract seems such a s**t smeer on the whole rebuild

How the heck do we get rid of Eriksson and his contract?

2 hours ago, manroth19 said:

How is 2014 meh. Virtanen McCann tryamkin demko forsling. 5 almost sure fire nhlers. 

Jb trading them away is another story

Virtanen - lololololololol

McCann- meh 

Tryamkin- Pretty good 

Demko - Got lucky with him but awesome 

Forsling- Surprised.. WHy the fk did we trade him. 

Overall aight. 

39 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well yes we lost McCann but gained Goldobin and there is hope for Virtanen....

Virtanen

GoldY

Demko

Tryamkin

Boeser

Brisbois 

Gaudette

Dahlen

Yes our future is looking bright

But for the love of god, Eriksson and his massive contract seems such a s**t smeer on the whole rebuild

How the heck do we get rid of Eriksson and his contract?

Even Linden regrets signing him lol

24 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Virtanen - lololololololol

McCann- meh 

Tryamkin- Pretty good 

Demko - Got lucky with him but awesome 

Forsling- Surprised.. WHy the fk did we trade him. 

Overall aight. 

Typical hater comment. That draft will produce more nhlers for the Canucks then any in the last 20 years. 5 nhlers in one draft is incredible and 4 have already played in the show so soon. 

Wake up 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Even Linden regrets signing him lol

he's our Hossa.  once he settles in he's going to be a veteran winger who can add some consistent and clutch offense. he likely won't score like Hossa and he's experienced and poised. it will help our other young wingers.