The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Its every teams nightmare if they cant sign their prospects lol

Boeser will sign with us :)

haha. yea. i get it. but i also don't think we have reason to think that our prospects won't sign with us. think and have a more positive outlook on the team, and it's prospects. I have faith that the majority of the prospects if not all, will sign with the franchise. we're not a bad organization, just going through a rough patch. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

2 more goals for Gaudettte tonight. 25-25-51 in 32 games. 15 goals in his last 12 games. And new school record with 15 ppg.

Who the heck is this guy?  Could we actually have a star on the way?  He's putting up some crazy numbers, and as a sophomore.  

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

2 more goals for Gaudettte tonight. 25-25-51 in 32 games. 15 goals in his last 12 games. And new school record with 15 ppg.

not to mention he also has as many points (51) as Johnny Gaudreau had in his 2nd year, Gaudette did it in 3 less games.

• Upvote 2

Great prospect no doubt, but again, if you guys watch the games you'll know he's playing with Aston-Reese and Sikura who will score lots of points with or without Gaudette. I personally think they all benefit from playing with each other, but his stats are no doubt inflated playing with these guys. 

The hockey IQ is all there, but we will have to see if he can continue his success next season as well. He's definitely working on getting the puck off faster, and taking smarter shots which is good. But I think he can afford to put on more weight before he goes pro. Waiting another couple of years or so to see what we have isn't a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, suitup said:

Great prospect no doubt, but again, if you guys watch the games you'll know he's playing with Aston-Reese and Sikura who will score lots of points with or without Gaudette. I personally think they all benefit from playing with each other, but his stats are no doubt inflated playing with these guys. 

The hockey IQ is all there, but we will have to see if he can continue his success next season as well. He's definitely working on getting the puck off faster, and taking smarter shots which is good. But I think he can afford to put on more weight before he goes pro. Waiting another couple of years or so to see what we have isn't a bad idea.

I am uninformed and excuse me if I happen to be wrong but I've heard the exact opposite. He doesn't play with Aston-Reese or Sikura often unless its on the power play (and yes he gets a ton of PP points but still). 
And they are indeed feeding off each other. Sikura was in no way elite last year. Something must have clicked this year.

Looking forward to seeing him on the big team in the near future

19 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

I am uninformed and excuse me if I happen to be wrong but I've heard the exact opposite. He doesn't play with Aston-Reese or Sikura often unless its on the power play (and yes he gets a ton of PP points but still). 
And they are indeed feeding off each other. Sikura was in no way elite last year. Something must have clicked this year.

Looking forward to seeing him on the big team in the near future

Hmm... seems odd. Because I remember seeing him play with Aston-Reese and Sikura while watching from the stands, and thought they definitely played together besides the PP and PK. Then again, it's been a while since I've been to a game. Regardless, they play a lot together and like you mentioned, he gets a lot of points on the PP. More than half his goals this season has come off the PP if I could remember correctly. 

I suppose you could argue Gaudette was in no way elite last year either. But I see your point and I agree, it would just suck for people to get their hopes up and go through the usual routine when the prospects don't live up to the hype. 

Edited by suitup

5 hours ago, suitup said:

there was a heated topic on hfboards about him.  the haters were saying that he is actually racking up the points because of them but the fact is, someone mentioned the he is actually not full time line mates with them, and is on an entire line anchoring the other scoring line and of course at times when needed he will be put with them.

If he was smart he'd sign this year. If the Canucks were smart they would offer him a contract this season. He's at least good enough to play in the AHL. If he isn't interested in making 70k to play pro hockey instead of a 3rd year of college then that's a bit weird. I wish that Boeser would have turned pro already, but he is going to turn this franchise on its ear so that's ok. Kesler was a disgrace to team USA, but these kids we have coming up are going to fit right in around here.

30 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

there was a heated topic on hfboards about him.  the haters were saying that he is actually racking up the points because of them but the fact is, someone mentioned the he is actually not full time line mates with them, and is on an entire line anchoring the other scoring line and of course at times when needed he will be put with them.

I'll attend the next game and pay extra close attention and tell you what I find!