The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vey --> Canucks

Goody good good good.

I would have hoped they would have signed him for two years. Now we/he will face the same stuff next summer and I have a feeling he'll improve on his rookie season both statistically and defensively.

Still not really sure where Vey fits in on this team. Glad we didn't let him walk though. Another season to see what he brings

Pretty much the perfect 13th forward, that's where. He's a fill-in until the "real" prospects arrive and we can flip him for other assets when they do or keep him if he becomes more.

I have no idea why so many people on here are so opposed to/terrified of that?

Pretty much the perfect 13th forward, that's where. He's a fill-in until the "real" prospects arrive and we can flip him for other assets when they do or keep him if he becomes more.

I have no idea why so many people on here are so opposed to/terrified of that?

If that's how he's used, he's an excellent fit.

The problem is that Willie had his mancrush on him and would play him far too much, in situations where he didn't belong. Similar to how AV would frequently put Rypien and Rome out on the PK or in the last 3 minutes of a game. I loved Ryp and Rome was servicable as well; but to see them out there when it was not the right time was just bad.

Vey seemed to get the same treatment; hey, here's some free Sedin PP time while Horvat (who is better) starts on the 4th line. That sort of thing. If that's gone and he's "just a guy earning a spot" I have no problem whatsoever.

The problem is that Willie had his mancrush on him and would play him far too much, in situations where he didn't belong. Similar to how AV would frequently put Rypien and Rome out on the PK or in the last 3 minutes of a game. I loved Ryp and Rome was servicable as well; but to see them out there when it was not the right time was just bad.

Vey seemed to get the same treatment; hey, here's some free Sedin PP time while Horvat (who is better) starts on the 4th line. That sort of thing. If that's gone and he's "just a guy earning a spot" I have no problem whatsoever.

They're more concerned with Horvat's development. It would make sense they're being more careful with him.

Besides Vey got a decent amount of points playing on the PP.

This "mancrush", special treatment, Medicine Hat, bias talk is unfair and unfounded.

This "mancrush", special treatment, Medicine Hat, bias talk is unfair and unfounded.

i disagree, vey's ice time was bizarre at times and it couldnt have been 'intangibles' because he was a rookie.

Archived