The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vey --> Canucks

Still not really sure where Vey fits in on this team. Glad we didn't let him walk though. Another season to see what he brings

good...a good solid off season of hard work and proper training will give him good experience.

Last year was a dear in the headlights for him. Didn't understand that he needed more strength and grit to be a centre in the Western conference. Also to bring a consistent effort. I like him still, think there is still some good tools he has...needs help to harness them altogether.

I think his experience will allow him to be better this upcoming year.

I don't mind Vey on the team, he's definitely not a game breaker, but he has a fair amount of skill and is decent on the PP. Can play up and down the lineup if need be.

Good contract, give him another year to either earn a spot or get pushed out by another prospect.

His rookie season may have been a touch disappointing, but I have hopes for a Vey-ry successful sophomore season. He'll have better linemates for one thing.

'Waste of a roster spot'. Really? This guy is way better than someone like Higgins imo. He produced a great amount of points last year considering he was on the 4th line.

How many points did he produce on the 4th line?

If he produced a great amount of points on the 4th line, how is it his pts/60 minutes at even strength was lowest of any Canuck forward except Brandon McMillan?

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201415&sit=5v5&type=individual&teamid=29&pos=forwards&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

btw, this is not a prediction on how Vey will perform in 2015-16, nor an argument about whether he should have been signed. I simply saw a statement that seemed to me to be different from the facts.

'Waste of a roster spot'. Really? This guy is way better than someone like Higgins imo. He produced a great amount of points last year considering he was on the 4th line.

At least Higgins can play defense, This guy was on the first power play where he accumulated a lot of his points.

I thought he was just gonna be another Dalpe, but he proved me wrong.

His defensive game isn't as strong as advertised when they acquired him but he was solid offensively for a rookie... Just get frustrated when WD puts him in spots where he fails to succeed in when another player should be there. Happened a few times when Kass was scratched only to see Vey on the fourth line.

Just spoke with newly re-signed Linden Vey. He says it's always an exciting day when you sign an NHL contract. #Canucks (1/4)
Vey says the one year deal is a great way of proving himself and he's excited for the opportunity to do so. #Canucks (2/4)
Vey is spending the offseason in Saskatoon, but plans on coming back to Vancouver soon to work with the #Canucks conditioning coach's. (3/4)
Vey spoke with Trevor Linden today. Told Vey if he puts in the work, he can have a great year. Didn't put any expecations on him (4/4)

Just spoke with newly re-signed Linden Vey. He says it's always an exciting day when you sign an NHL contract. #Canucks (1/4)
Vey says the one year deal is a great way of proving himself and he's excited for the opportunity to do so. #Canucks (2/4)
Vey is spending the offseason in Saskatoon, but plans on coming back to Vancouver soon to work with the #Canucks conditioning coach's. (3/4)
Vey spoke with Trevor Linden today. Told Vey if he puts in the work, he can have a great year. Didn't put any expecations on him (4/4)

Just noticed this now. Awesome to hear. A young guy like Vey needs to hear things like that from TL. I'm really pumped to see how his off ice workouts go. Lots of potential in this kid.

Archived