The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Write a Eulogy for a Banned Member

thejazz97

That was a cute little personal attack. And regarding the bold.... Well let's just say you might have some experience in what you're insinuating, eh BB? Thankfully, I wouldn't be as desperate to stay on a forum as you.

Not a personal attack at all, just a mere observation. The username on this account is Cerridwen.... I would thank you to kindly remember that. Otherwise, your reference to some other obscure account/username is just out and out harassment considering it's repetitive. Have a nice day.

That proves nothing. I've seen way worse posts from other people that went nowhere. "Perpetrating the offense"???? Are you serious?? That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Proving you were there means absolutely nothing. Proving the posts in question justified a ban is what the issue is and since you don't have them, whether or not they in fact existed, further "perpetrates" the suspicion that you don't have them or they ever existed. Good try though.

Despicable comment by Ambien don't even defend him... Someone like Ambien will make it a mission to get under people's skin just for his own amusement. Posters like that should be banned without warning. Terrible poster who had nothing positive to say, won't be missed.

Not a personal attack at all, just a mere observation. The username on this account is Cerridwen.... I would thank you to kindly remember that. Otherwise, your reference to some other obscure account/username is just out and out harassment considering it's repetitive. Have a nice day.

Haha! You make an inflammatory comment (and yes it was a personal attack), then accuse me (albeit in a subtle way) of being MR. Ambien and then when I reply you pull the harassment card? The butt hurt is still strong with you, I see. I'll just go ahead and nip this in the bud though before you go crying to the mods about me 'harassing" you. You've been blocked. Have a nice day.

Haha! You make an inflammatory comment (and yes it was a personal attack), then accuse me (albeit in a subtle way) of being MR. Ambien and then when I reply you pull the harassment card? The butt hurt is still strong with you, I see. I'll just go ahead and nip this in the bud though before you go crying to the mods about me 'harassing" you. You've been blocked. Have a nice day.

Sounds all too familiar :lol:

Well I know of no banned members so I will write one for myself and if I ever get banned, voila.

All the broken hearts and shattered souls can't control the way the wind blows. Tre Mac was a avid genius, a generational poster well before his time. His courageous wit and heroic good looks were only matched by his insatiable sense of humour. He is already missed by the masses, the void he leaves behind mirrors a canyon of heartbreak and utter despair. RIP.

I disagree, the number 1 cause of butthurt is out debating someone. The number 2 cause is being right and the person with the aforementioned butt pain knowing it.

There you go again. If someone is MADE to feel hurt over a debate in an online forum, I feel sorry for them.

If ole' Mr. A was still around I could see his "muh feelings" comment being used here.

If one person leaves a 'debate' feeling insulted or belittled or butthurt, that's bullying not debating. Debating should be people discussing things rationally and making points/counterpoints in a civilized, adult manner.

Hard to do on an anonymous forum, but it is what it is.

If one person leaves a 'debate' feeling insulted or belittled or butthurt, that's bullying not debating. Debating should be people discussing things rationally and making points/counterpoints in a civilized, adult manner.

If you leave feeling as you described maybe that's on the "loser" of the debate.

Maybe that person needs to grow up, quit being so fragile, stop taking things (themselves) so seriously and realize that there is no shame in being wrong especially if you use it as a learning experience and grow from that point forward.

butt hurt is butt hurt.

And frankly, seeing more posts by some re the banned poster in question than while he was here. Pretty weak.

As I said. Lighten up. It's an anonymous forum.

You're overlooking the part where sometimes (most of the time) you have no control over how someone is going to feel about what you're saying. By that I mean offensiveness is subjective and much of the time you can say nothing inherently offensive and still leave an individual feeling butthurt. People in particular both dont like to be proven wrong or admit they are wrong. Just plain being blunt or being right about something is not bullying but often leaves people upset. In fact, just having an opposing opinion on a sensitive and emotionally charged subject can often leave people upset.

Honestly, look at none other than uni debates or political debates for proof that you're are fundamentally and entirely incorrect with your definition of what differentiates debate or bullying.

You're overlooking the part where sometimes (most of the time) you have no control over how someone is going to feel about what you're saying. By that I mean offensiveness is subjective and much of the time you can say nothing inherently offensive and still leave an individual feeling butthurt. People in particular both dont like to be proven wrong or admit they are wrong. Just plain being blunt or being right about something is not bullying but often leaves people upset. In fact, just having an opposing opinion on a sensitive and emotionally charged subject can often leave people upset.

Honestly, look at none other than uni debates or political debates for proof that you're are fundamentally and entirely incorrect with your definition of what differentiates debate or bullying.

Every university debate I've attended, or participated in... and every political debate I've watched has never started out with one side insulting, belittling and generally trying to rile up the other side.

I'm in the column of "Wish Ambien was still around" cause he was a masterful troll... but he was definitely a troll and no where close to being civil when it came to debates. He was condescending, got people riled up to say stupid things, then pounced on them (and sometimes it had nothing to do with the topic)...

So I hate to break it to you, I dunno what debates you're talking about, but he wasn't a great debater...

actually, come to think of it, if you're siding with Ambien, you probably get your idea of what a good debate is from Fox News... in which case, yes, being condescending and inflammatory is how you should be debating things.

Every university debate I've attended, or participated in... and every political debate I've watched has never started out with one side insulting, belittling and generally trying to rile up the other side.

I'm in the column of "Wish Ambien was still around" cause he was a masterful troll... but he was definitely a troll and no where close to being civil when it came to debates. He was condescending, got people riled up to say stupid things, then pounced on them (and sometimes it had nothing to do with the topic)...

So I hate to break it to you, I dunno what debates you're talking about, but he wasn't a great debater...

actually, come to think of it, if you're siding with Ambien, you probably get your idea of what a good debate is from Fox News... in which case, yes, being condescending and inflammatory is how you should be debating things.

I didn't say that belittling people or acting condescending made an individual a great debater, or even a good one. But if you havent seen someone at a political or uni debate belittle someone, act condescending, try to trip them up, or attempt to rile someone up, then you either havent been to many, if any, or werent paying attention. Debaters getting upset during debates is commonplace, often at no fault of the person who offended them, which is my original point.

Yadda yadda yadda fox news ad hominem BS yadda yadda yadda yawn

To clarify, my point was a debate doesnt transform into bullying just because someone gets upset, because people can get upset over a multitude of things many of which have nothing to do with the supposed offender. People get butthurt very often at debates.

Sounds more like a case of "if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen" to me.

If you leave feeling as you described maybe that's on the "loser" of the debate.

Maybe that person needs to grow up, quit being so fragile, stop taking things (themselves) so seriously and realize that there is no shame in being wrong especially if you use it as a learning experience and grow from that point forward.

butt hurt is butt hurt.

And frankly, seeing more posts by some re the banned poster in question than while he was here. Pretty weak.

As I said. Lighten up. It's an anonymous forum.

If you're constantly the one on the attack doing the 'butthurting' so to speak, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

Clearly some people are incapable of introspection like that and are no longer here. I can only imagine how those people must be in real life.

If you're constantly the one on the attack doing the 'butthurting' so to speak, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

Clearly some people are incapable of introspection like that and are no longer here. I can only imagine how those people must be in real life.

Maybe it would be a good idea to explain why the poster was banned, so we can all learn from it? It's almost like, from what I've been reading, we are all really unsure of what we can and cannot say. I've read the rules plenty of times, but there is ambiguity, and (like one poster wrote) it really depends on how our words are interpreted. I do believe we are all good posters, who just want to better understand where the line clearly is between opinion and "butt hurt". Personally, I don't find people are intentionally offensive in their language; they are simply using hyperbole to convey their frustration at others not listening. Maybe our forum would become a bit boring if we had Big Brother always reviewing our every word, and prescribing our intended meaning?

Archived