The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Sutter worth?

Stelar

I must be missing something. Does Sutter have something over Bonino? It seems that Bonino gets more points than Sutter. The only thing I can see is his size. Beyond that, I don't see how he's worth more. Can anyone enlighten me?

Better two way player. Better at faceoffs. Very good defensively. Better player. You are now enlightened

Either sign him to a shorter contract paid as a good 3C with a chance to prove himself or sign him longer term as a lower end 2C and hope he delivers right off the bat. 3 or 5 years

Ideally something in the neighbourhood of 4 years @$3.75 million would be nice but that ain't happening. Like McGuire said, you probably shouldn't use words like 'foundational player' in public because the agent will beat you over the head with it in contract negotiations. It does show confidence in and commitment to the player though, which counts.

He should get close to what Couturier got

I am thinking the negotiations were already done at that point and this is Benning justifying the price he paid.......LOL

But why...Are we competing for the cup? Not with the Sedins as your 1, 2.

Sedins were top 10 in scoring last season, they progressed when the rest of the league regressed in scoring.

The Sedins are just under a point per game players in the play-offs.

Those twins made up for 22-24%~ of the points that the entire Canucks roster scored last season.

Hank and Dank have extremely strong possession numbers year in and out.

The Sedins play their best game in the toughest place to play, on the boards.

Your argument is invalid

Friedman says 5 years at just under 4.4 aav.

I could live with that, although 4.25 would be better. As long as there's no NTC it's good, though. With the young centres we've got coming up, we need the option to move him down the road. If he wants to put down roots as reported, 5 x 3.9 with an NTC.

If Brandon Sutter is able to increase his shot count from 180 to 200 for the year, he should be able to score 21-25 goals with a career shooting percentage of 10.3 and a shooting percentage last year of 11.7

He also has a career high of 19 assists and only had 12 assists last year in total. This number is very low, and could easily increase with the right line mates.

I'm expecting 21 goals and 21 assists from B Sutter next year. If he plays with Baer on a consistant basis it could be higher.

If Brandon Sutter is able to increase his shot count from 180 to 200 for the year, he should be able to score 21-25 goals with a career shooting percentage of 10.3 and a shooting percentage last year of 11.7

He also has a career high of 19 assists and only had 12 assists last year in total. This number is very low, and could easily increase with the right line mates.

I'm expecting 21 goals and 21 assists from B Sutter next year. If he plays with Baer on a consistant basis it could be higher.

Yeah Baer and Vrbata could push him closer to 50 points

Archived