The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Sutter worth?

Stelar

Looking at the recent signing comparables (Anisimov, Smith, Wilson, Frolik and a couple of others) its likely the Canucks will offer $3.9m-$4.7m AAV somewhere in the 3-5 year range for term. If I'm Sutter I see the potential for a solid season with Vancouver and as a 27 yr old UFA center next summer a solid season this year could easily translate to something closer to $5.5m AV and 5+ years term so its probably a difficult decision for Sutter and his agent whether to sign now or see how the season goes.

Oh and for the posters mentioning the faceoff stat as a difference between Sutter and Bonino. Its such a fine line, over the course of the entire season Sutter averaged less than one faceoff win per game more than Bonino, with Sutter only taking slightly more Dzone and/or SH draws.

Folks are going to have to realize that the old days of getting home town deals to play on a contender are gone. This team is going to paying full market price to sign guys. I would be surprised at anything less than 4.75M per.

I agree Sutter is an upgrade on Bonino but is he worth what JB gave up to get him? A 3rd round for a 2nd pick, a Dman that was to run 2nd power play unit and to start with1.4 mill higher cap hit that Canucks are short on due to Millers 6 mill, Sbisa's 3.6 mill and Dorsett's 2.5 mill. I like him but gave up far more than Canucks should have. These deals are starting to shade Bennings reputation and his contract signings looks like he is an easy mark!

Wait. He's a Canuck now. Doesn't that automatically make him elite in your eyes?

Not until he proves himself. Which I hope he does obviously.

I just hope he doesn't get a raise... He's barely worth 3.3

Ffs aquaman just give him a 5 million dollar condo and get him locked up 4 years for 12 million (17mill if u count the under the table condo)

Archived