The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guy creates fake Target customer service account to troll angry customers

Armada

Target recently announced that, in an effort to be more gender inclusive, it would be getting rid of gender-based signs in its toy sections.

That didn't sit well with many, who view the move as pandering to a liberal agenda. Conservatives took to Target's Facebook page to attack the company for its new policy.

In response, one man took matters into his own hands. Facebook user Mike Melgaard created a Facebook account called Ask ForHelp, which used the iconic Target logo as its profile picture. He posed as an actual Target customer service representative and trolled many of the online commenters.

He's taken screenshots and created a photo album on his Facebook page.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/fake-customer-service-rep-trolls-people-complaining-about-targets-new-gender-neutral-policy

Here's the gallery of 52 photos: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204632163116006&set=a.10204632162916001.1073741829.1592910007&type=1

Some of my favorites:

11828545_10204632163436014_8343806163273

11885093_10204635289434162_3516246796049

11863291_10204635952010726_4368348122066

11885355_10204635365036052_8210156315635

I'm confused, so is target not selling Barbie's anymore or will they just be in the same aisle as Transformers from now on?

Edit: nevermind, I researched it and people are just losing their **** because while Target will still carry all the toys it did before, it's just changing how they're arranged in the store. Honestly, if that pisses you off, take a fork and jam it around in your eye. At least then you'll have something real to be upset about.

I'm confused, so is target not selling Barbie's anymore or will they just be in the same aisle as Transformers from now on?

Edit: nevermind, I researched it and people are just losing their **** because while Target will still carry all the toys it did before, it's just changing how they're arranged in the store. Honestly, if that pisses you off, take a fork and jam it around in your eye. At least then you'll have something real to be upset about.

Personally I could care less what a store like Target does as I never shop there. But to change how they arrange toys so as to make them non-gender specific is just pandering to the latest social movement of gender awareness. If anything, it smacks as a publicity stunt for the failing junk store chain.

Lol at all the people saying they will shop at Wal-Mart... That's like saying they will eat at McDonald's instead of Arby's. Also Wal-Mart did exactly what Target did years ago but I doubt any of them will notice.

What I was gonna say...when I go to these big box stores I usually see the toys organized by brand or type (blocks on one rack, cars on the next). I could be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing any signs that specifically state "boys" or "girls" toys. Other people have already beat them to it, they just weren't smart enough to make a press release for marketing purposes.

If they feel the policy change might help them sell more toys, that's up to Target decide. If it makes toys harder to find, they might lose sales and change the policy back. Business as usual.

I wonder if Melgaard is going to be sued by Target? Gotta be some laws broken here, trademark usage, defamation, etc. I expect his actions could harm the brand.

Archived