The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team

icycold

I believe JB will be looking for players who can dig pucks out of corners more often than the opponent, check hard enough to knock pucks loose. The players he dumped (Bonino Mathias Bieksa) didnt get the job done enough. If Bieksa was 20 pds heavier he would be Pronger 2.0. I dont know who JB will find but you know its going to be the end of a soft team. Im excited

Yes to that. Bang, crash, smash, and a bunch more words from Batman comic Strip! And can we please have guys, who always stand up for each other?

We also shut out Boston in 2 games.

Are you going to compare the Vancouver injury list with Boston's? No I didn't think so. You are just one of the butthurt fans I'm talking about.

If Danny was used as a punchbag by Marchand, either the "rat" hits like a p-ssy or Danny is one tough mf.

None of the rest of your post recognises the loss of Hamhuis after game one, or that Sammy (who was integral in their PP) didn't even figure at all.

Rome (a tough body checker) was ejected from the series in the 1st period of game 3.

Manny was playing with effects of an eye injury and even if his vision wasn't affected everyone could see his style of play certainly was.

Raymond's back was broken in game 6.(fractured vertebrae )

Higgins broken foot against Preds.

Erhoff injured against San Jose required shoulder injections before every game after that, both he and Higgins had to have surgery.

Kesler played with a hip injury (received in game 5 of the Western conf finals) and needed surgery in the close season.

Elder broke 2 fingers in game 6 and played 26 mins of game 7 with them taped up.

Alberts injured in game 6.

Sami was being treated for a groin injury.

"They were probably shooting six guys up [for Game 7]," he said. (Tambellini)

Maybe you can produce the Bruins injury list to justify your puerile argument.

You still have not shown the reason we lost. We played quite well the first 2 games and then the wheels fell off after that starting with the 8-1 loss. How does your injury theory prove that? You did not mention Luongo and why he blew game three and what about the Sedin's? Why did their offense dry up? 1 goal each in a 7 game series? They did come back and played quite well in game 5 and preceded to crap the bed for the next 2 games. Not buying your injury theory sorry.

dorsett cracknell virtanen gaunce prust sutter are far from delicate

I think you have lost focus of what this thread is about.

You have listed 3 players not likely to be on the team,

2 4th liners that don't know when to turn down a fight

and Sutter

what about any of those guys says mentally tough?

the Canucks have been trying to learn how to win 1-0 games since 2012, the only problem is they don't know how to win games they are up 3-0.

Its not about whether Dorsett will fight, we know he'll do that its about who can fight off a forcheck and not get in a fight or take a stupid penalty, or ice the puck when we are leading a game.

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team has "maybe" finally happened with more new fresh faces, i remember when buffy ran roughshod over Louie and we had no answer (no donald brashear) or even close and the best at the time wasn't good enough and the whole team ego seemed to crack and that was that and we never really recovered BUT now like it or not losing that fragile ego comes with new players that haven't gone through that, nevermind management although trevor was around in the wings so to speak.So now (HOPEFULLY!) a lot of that has gone and a new attitude of yes no more of that b.s. and what MG tried to do WILL finally get done and we have a new mix of vets and prospects and players will be ready to step in when the old core leave via age. Benning knows the value of getting speedier and yet grittier too gets you from being in boston so hopefully after it ALL is weeded out and a completely new era that has begun will finally lay it to rest and it dead and buried at the back as hopefully we get even better players to push for that elusive Lord Stanley as hard as it was when Linden played. That wuld be the greatest relief without drinking a six pack and holding "it" in a sea of a bathroom line up at a party! Cmon canucks! get er done! No more bulle!

Bure to mogilny?

You still have not shown the reason we lost. We played quite well the first 2 games and then the wheels fell off after that starting with the 8-1 loss. How does your injury theory prove that? You did not mention Luongo and why he blew game three and what about the Sedin's? Why did their offense dry up? 1 goal each in a 7 game series? They did come back and played quite well in game 5 and preceded to crap the bed for the next 2 games. Not buying your injury theory sorry.

:picard:

"Not buying your injury theory sorry."

Well of course you're not. That would be too logical for types like you who would far rather slaughter the character of the players than realise how much injuries can affect ability to perform at a high standard.

My advice to you is go get an injury to your hip or break a couple of fingers and then try playing a team like the Bruins and get back to us.

Well of course you're not. That would be too logical for types like you who would far rather slaughter the character of the players than realise how much injuries can affect ability to perform at a high standard.

My advice to you is go get an injury to your hip or break a couple of fingers and then try playing a team like the Bruins and get back to us.

:huh:

How do you think a team in the playoffs get a rash of injuries? By teams like Boston ramping up the toughness and taking liberties while the soft teams wait for the referees to make the calls that never come. Boston played the final with very few injuries because they were the ones dishing it out, not on the receiving end. That should be pretty apparent to anyone following the game.

It's not just the Bruins series we're talking about though. What about just a few months ago when we lost to Calgary? When we lost what turned out to be the deciding game after getting a 3-0 lead and losing 7-4. The Canucks could've easily forced a game 7 back at home in that situation if they could just learn to put that final nail in the other team's coffin. Injuries or not, they just cant seem to keep their foot on the gas.

This reminds me of another game 6 in Calgary back in 2004. The Canucks built a 4-0 lead and managed to piss that away only to pull it out of the fire in triple OT.

I'm not trying to put this on the Sedins, but in their era of the Canucks I can only think of two playoff series where we won in a decisive fashion. 2009 against St.Louis and 2011 against San Jose. Upon further thought I'm not sure which is more startling. That during the Sedin era we've only won two series' in five games or less, or that we've only won seven series' total in that time.

It's not just the Bruins series we're talking about though. What about just a few months ago when we lost to Calgary? When we lost what turned out to be the deciding game after getting a 3-0 lead and losing 7-4. The Canucks could've easily forced a game 7 back at home in that situation if they could just learn to put that final nail in the other team's coffin. Injuries or not, they just cant seem to keep their foot on the gas.

This reminds me of another game 6 in Calgary back in 2004. The Canucks built a 4-0 lead and managed to piss that away only to pull it out of the fire in triple OT.

I'm not trying to put this on the Sedins, but in their era of the Canucks I can only think of two playoff series where we won in a decisive fashion. 2009 against St.Louis and 2011 against San Jose. Upon further thought I'm not sure which is more startling. That during the Sedin era we've only won two series' in five games or less, or that we've only won seven series' total in that time.

It's not the Twins, who are a problem. We needed, and still need, a tough SOB, who can play top minutes with them. Lucic would be the perfect fit, and resolve this fragile issue. Mental and physical toughness both increase, when you have a guy like Milan's support.

:huh:

How do you think a team in the playoffs get a rash of injuries? By teams like Boston ramping up the toughness and taking liberties while the soft teams wait for the referees to make the calls that never come. Boston played the final with very few injuries because they were the ones dishing it out, not on the receiving end. That should be pretty apparent to anyone following the game.

Absolutely right, the league wasnt going to let Bruins fans complain they lost because of bad calls and the refs put their whistles away. The Canucks had no push back against a far tougher team, they depended on a pp and hoped Boston would take lots of cheap penalties.

Absolutely right, the league wasnt going to let Bruins fans complain they lost because of bad calls and the refs put their whistles away. The Canucks had no push back against a far tougher team, they depended on a pp and hoped Boston would take lots of cheap penalties.

So many threads devolve into what went wrong in 2011. It's nauseating.

It's not the Twins, who are a problem. We needed, and still need, a tough SOB, who can play top minutes with them. Lucic would be the perfect fit, and resolve this fragile issue. Mental and physical toughness both increase, when you have a guy like Milan's support.

I agree, with Lucic on their line opponents would be watching the twins while getting hammered lol

Why then do so many of the so called experts, like Ferraro, say our team is too easy to play against?

From a number of things in the past, I said "KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN TOO SOFT IN THE PAST". I'm saying they are not "FRAGILE" or that much lacking in grit.

True but I believe its because we're finally addressing years of frustration and some of us are pretty damn happy about it.

I like the new direction of the franchise but I there is a good chance there will be more frustrations to follow. This is a market where even if you are winning, there is apathy towards the style of winning (IE: last season).

From a number of things in the past, I said "KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN TOO SOFT IN THE PAST". I'm saying they are not "FRAGILE" or that much lacking in grit.

I guess I'm just not getting your point. the team is too easy to play against. Whether that's because they are soft physically, or fragile mentally makes no difference to me. They need to be tougher in both. IMHO

I like the new direction of the franchise but I there is a good chance there will be more frustrations to follow. This is a market where even if you are winning, there is apathy towards the style of winning (IE: last season).

Definitely a challenging league and market, I've been a fan so long I'm just happy the Canucks are competitive and will battle hard. Im also looking forward to the young guys coming up, a good mix of skills and strengths. Lets get playing already!

Archived