The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting rid of the fragile mindset of this team

icycold

I think Benning is doing a great job at bringing in some character guys! Virtanen will be that guy you described and hopefully Lucic next year :) we just gotta stick it out and wait for JB to do his magic :), finallya GM making us bigger and stronger!

I highly doubt Lucic will be a Canuck as he will want way to much money and will not be worth it!We are building and by next year will have more then enough players to make our roster and make it better then to sign a player slowing down!

X2 Yes very true. I am glad someone else sees the same things I do. I sincerely thought the Canucks were going to sweep the Bruins after the first two games. Injuries or not they dominated Boston in the first two games. Same with Calgary, Ferland should never have been allowed to do what he did. I am looking forward to the changes made for this year.

Bring on those Flames!

That series turned around when Hamhuis ruptured himself hip-checking Lucic and Rome flattened Horton. You could say that we lost because we got away from out-skating the Bruins and tried to play too physical a game against them, one that we couldn't back up. The loss to Calgary this year was quite different: they outskated and outhit us, our team defense sucked, etc., etc.

How convenient it was to suspend Rome for the series...ok im not going back there lol I'm sure the Canucks will be picked in the 20's and not making the playoffs this year, we will see about that.

^^^^jiminy crickets, Pinnochio...the educational system sure is failing society ain't it?

Over the course of its 40+ year history, the Canucks have never had the collective mental toughness to be the ones dictating how the game is played. We have had a culture of being reactionary to the tone other teams set...my hope is that before I die, I get to watch a team that will impose its will on the opposing team on a game-after-game basis.

I wish for a team filled with natural born killers...that when it senses that the other team is wavering, it just absolutely destroys them...a team that has the ability to close out a game after it gets a lead.

I wish for a team that hates to lose more than it loves to win.

I wish for a team that will beat the schnot out of the opposition in the back alley and also on the scoreboard.

I wish for a team that plays with controlled and purposeful anger and fury.

My wish is pretty simple...do whatever it takes to win...whether it's by hook or crook, just win. Win ugly if need be.

Sorry in advance to all the bleeding hearts who want a team full of classy players. Classy players who can't win should be shipped out...classy players who are capable of winning should be revered. Those just wanting to win need not apply...those wanting to win and willing to do whatever it takes to win are welcomed. That should solve the whole mental fragility issue.

This.

Chicago seem to manage just fine without beating the cr-p out of their opponents.

Fighting isnt the only factor in physical play. The hawks know how to withstand physical teams and stay composed, and in fact seem to thrive off teams trying to wear them down. Their 3rd and 4th lines seem to be able to grind teams down, and their d-men take a lot of hits but know how to get the puck up ice quickly to avoid harm. Kesler said it best when he stated he didnt know how a team could withstand that amount of punishment.

Toughness is a mental mindset more than anything, the Canucks seem to get off their game as soon as a goon starts to incite physical play. Eager, Bolland, Ferkland, Bufflin, the list goes on of the goons who have made their careers intimidating the Nucks off their game.

Our top 2 lines this past decade have been of the softer variety, so has our defence. We have lacked players who can hack it when things get compressed and physical in the playoffs.

Chicago seem to manage just fine without beating the cr-p out of their opponents.

Chicago doesn't play in the same division, they did have a very tough team a few years back but as the top talent improved they used that talent more. If you don't protect your top prospects they get targeted. Kane was targeted alot but his speed kept him going. Toews is alot tougher than he looks. Maybe in time the Canucks can achieve that level of talent as well.

^^^^jiminy crickets, Pinnochio...the educational system sure is failing society ain't it?

Over the course of its 40+ year history, the Canucks have never had the collective mental toughness to be the ones dictating how the game is played. We have had a culture of being reactionary to the tone other teams set...my hope is that before I die, I get to watch a team that will impose its will on the opposing team on a game-after-game basis.

I wish for a team filled with natural born killers...that when it senses that the other team is wavering, it just absolutely destroys them...a team that has the ability to close out a game after it gets a lead.

I wish for a team that hates to lose more than it loves to win.

I wish for a team that will beat the schnot out of the opposition in the back alley and also on the scoreboard.

I wish for a team that plays with controlled and purposeful anger and fury.

My wish is pretty simple...do whatever it takes to win...whether it's by hook or crook, just win. Win ugly if need be.

Sorry in advance to all the bleeding hearts who want a team full of classy players. Classy players who can't win should be shipped out...classy players who are capable of winning should be revered. Those just wanting to win need not apply...those wanting to win and willing to do whatever it takes to win are welcomed. That should solve

It doesn't look like much will change unless the fans stop going to games. Of course they somehow fill up the building even with a mediocre team.

Archived