The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

11 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Of course there are fundamentals. Neither of which AMC or GME possessed 

"Fundamentals" drive sophisticated investors when speculating the future of companies. If you see that a company has a healthy balance sheet, isn't over leveraged, has shown year over year growth; the perceived risk is lower. 

People buying into AMC and GME are speculating based on a "squeeze",  which is a not unreasonable to be speculating on. The perceived risk is much higher but so is the reward.

You have your strategy, others have theirs. Investing on fundamentals is lower risk and a winning strategy in the long run. 

Dont cry about your strategy generating less returns. You are not taking on the same level of risk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

AMC now up only 9% after CEO also indicates company is massively overvalued and will sell stock directly to retail.

Make that -9%. ......  It's over.

Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

And just like the AMC is green again FML.

Portfolio.... red red red red red red red oh hey blackberry red red red.

Edited by Russ

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

AMC now up only 9% after CEO also indicates company is massively overvalued and will sell stock directly to retail.

Make that -9%. ......  It's over.

Apparently these AMC people hit the "reset"

22 hours ago, themcdeal said:

"Fundamentals" drive sophisticated investors when speculating the future of companies. If you see that a company has a healthy balance sheet, isn't over leveraged, has shown year over year growth; the perceived risk is lower. 

People buying into AMC and GME are speculating based on a "squeeze",  which is a not unreasonable to be speculating on. The perceived risk is much higher but so is the reward.

You have your strategy, others have theirs. Investing on fundamentals is lower risk and a winning strategy in the long run. 

Dont cry about your strategy generating less returns. You are not taking on the same level of risk. 

I don't disagree except with that it is entirely unreasonable. It's pump dump bull$&!#. 

The myth this man has carefully created is unravelling quickly. Anonymous is kinda toothless but it's just more bad publicity.

tsla2.jpg.c36d04c045584192dccbb733155284a6.jpg

6 month chart of Tesla. Market cap of $577 Billion.

f.jpg.8f54eb96c14419f3f0212050946414b3.jpg

6 month chart of Ford. Market cap of $64 Billion. Ford is at a 6 year high.

Musk's "first mover advantage" is being carved into rapidly by the legacy car makers and Wall Street knows it. He's going to get passed and lapped.

It also doesn't help that he spends his time tweeting insane garbage like this .......

He actually tweeted "Cum Rocket to the moon" in addition to other bizarre tweets. For those unaware Cum Rocket is a crypto currency.

Edited by nuckin_futz

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

The myth this man has carefully created is unravelling quickly. Anonymous is kinda toothless but it's just more bad publicity.

tsla2.jpg.c36d04c045584192dccbb733155284a6.jpg

6 month chart of Tesla. Market cap of $577 Billion.

f.jpg.8f54eb96c14419f3f0212050946414b3.jpg

6 month chart of Ford. Market cap of $64 Billion. Ford is at a 6 year high.

Musk's "first mover advantage" is being carved into rapidly by the legacy car makers and Wall Street knows it. He's going to get passed and lapped.

It also doesn't help that he spends his time tweeting insane garbage like this .......

He actually tweeted "Cum Rocket to the moon" in addition to other bizarre tweets. For those unaware Cum Rocket is a crypto currency.

I'm getting a little tired of Musk myself. I'm a big fan of tesla and their attempts to get to sustainable energy and make the world more green and less carbon intensive in the long term but it's like he's just straight up bored at this point with nothing really happening with plants being built and there's nothing to show for a while. I know I've liquidated like 75% of my tesla position in the 700s. 

These stupid Doge coin and now even worse cumrocket just makes him look like a child that's bored and wants attention. I have considered liquidating a bit further if he doesn't grow up and may grab some other of my companies that have good bases and fundamentals and risk loosing a giant jump when cybertruck finally starts selling. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Russ said:

I'm getting a little tired of Musk myself. I'm a big fan of tesla and their attempts to get to sustainable energy and make the world more green and less carbon intensive in the long term but it's like he's just straight up bored at this point with nothing really happening with plants being built and there's nothing to show for a while. I know I've liquidated like 75% of my tesla position in the 700s. 

These stupid Doge coin and now even worse cumrocket just makes him look like a child that's bored and wants attention. I have considered liquidating a bit further if he doesn't grow up and may grab some other of my companies that have good bases and fundamentals and risk loosing a giant jump when cybertruck finally starts selling. 

pretty much agree, except I haven't liquidated. I am still up ~ 50%. The meme coin stuff takes away from the important projects at Tesla, he does seem bored. The intriguing thing about Tesla is that they are obviously striving to be more than only a car manufacturer. It's not exactly fair to make comparisons to the Legacy automakers market caps because they are only car companies. Tesla has a lot of other projects priced in. I'm not as bullish as Cathie Wood on this RoboTaxi thing, but I love the potential of their solar and energy storage arms. All that being said, they are still priced for near protections and continued growth, so there is certainly risk there.

I think the cybertruck will be huge as well, but they have to get it out because the Ford Lightning is bound to be successful as well.

6 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

pretty much agree, except I haven't liquidated. I am still up ~ 50%. The meme coin stuff takes away from the important projects at Tesla, he does seem bored. The intriguing thing about Tesla is that they are obviously striving to be more than only a car manufacturer. It's not exactly fair to make comparisons to the Legacy automakers market caps because they are only car companies. Tesla has a lot of other projects priced in. I'm not as bullish as Cathie Wood on this RoboTaxi thing, but I love the potential of their solar and energy storage arms. All that being said, they are still priced for near protections and continued growth, so there is certainly risk there.

I think the cybertruck will be huge as well, but they have to get it out because the Ford Lightning is bound to be successful as well.

I wonder if by the time the Lightning is released that they will have semi conductors back in production smoothly.  Last i heard only Tesla and Hyundai had secured tons in advance and weren't under constraints.  I don't know if you saw that video of THOUSANDS of F150s just chilling on one of the nascar parkling lots because they were short semi conductors recently. 

RoboTaxis are a lot further away than some people think in my opinon, for them to get governments to approve it, geeze thats going to be rough and long while some think its coming asap.  I know tesla has a lot of other things factored in, battery storage in various places in the world, solar roof which I may consider one day, but man does Elon just seem immature and bored.  

Guess we will see what the future holds for them. Hope he can focus more on Tesla rather than $&!#coins lol

On 6/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

On an insane heater. Cash reserve building up as I keep cashing out of these runners but not wanting to buy anything yet until pullbacks. May and June finally making up for March and April

I'm feeling the same way.

Had been watching GEO for a while. Really beaten down but supremely undervalued even at the levels it's at today after a short squeeze. Anyways it was about 40% shorted. Prison REIT with tons of cashflow with debt being the only thing holding it back. Bought some at $6 range and holding till Friday.