The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks To Introduce Individual Goal Songs

CanucksFan95

It's such a terrible song. Local boy or not, country music is appalling and lacks any energy at all. A goal song needs to be heavy, either guitars, drums or bass.

Personally I'd love to hear more hip hop or hard dance. Guitar/rock anthems are overdone.

Don't take this as racist as I know so many political correctness warriors will but Hip Hop is not hockey.

Hockey doesn't have a soul, and neither does an electric guitar. I would Stick with actual music not words in Rhythm

It's a moot point anyways. We're going to hear a mixture of everything, as it should be.

Sticking to one type of music is a good way to alienate people. I've come to accept that there is a large percentage of people on the west coast that seem to enjoy that dance/trans/electronic garbage that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. But as long as what I enjoy is still present, I'm fine with it.

You do realise it's not about YOU right? It's about what the players want their goal song to be, or in Vrbata's case what the majority wants. You can whine and whine about not liking this style of music or that style of music, but not everything revolves around you.

Archived