The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Oct. 16/2015 7:00PM SNV

HerrDrFunk

So far, the Canucks have been exceeding expectations. They beat a Flames team that was supposed to be better - then pushed them to OT. They then beat an Anaheim team supposed to be tops in the league, then a Kings team that should have been hungry to get their first win and was supposed to be strong.

The Blues will be probably their biggest test early on, currently sitting second only to the Nucks in the West. They beat the Oilers twice, and then the Flames, lost to Mnnesota. They have a big heavy team, with probably the strongest defense corps. Vancouver will need to stay focused, ready to exploit them. They will need to focus on winning if they want to be disciplined to play in this league and win. It can be done.

Have we turned the page at home. Calgary's game was inconclusive yet not a great sign. I just hope the Nucks can finally establish some dominance at the Rog, the way the had before. Lately they have been more fearsome on the road and that's a sign of weakness. Teams lick their chops at playing there because the Nucks have been missing heart and bite at home. What makes it so terrible to play at home: the fans, the officials, the music, the annoying significant other, or just the general pressure from the fans? Please make the Rog "Fort Nucks" and defend it at any price.....the time is now to show the some positive change has arrived.

Have we turned the page at home. Calgary's game was inconclusive yet not a great sign. I just hope the Nucks can finally establish some dominance at the Rog, the way the had before. Lately they have been more fearsome on the road and that's a sign of weakness. Teams lick their chops at playing there because the Nucks have been missing heart and bite at home. What makes it so terrible to play at home: the fans, the officials, the music, the annoying significant other, or just the general pressure from the fans? Please make the Rog "Fort Nucks" and defend it at any price.....the time is now to show the some positive change has arrived.

Gonna base their play at home off of one game? This early in the season? Continue.

Also nice to see Willie isn't handing out spots, especially to the clone players.

Gonna base their play at home off of one game? This early in the season? Continue.

Also nice to see Willie isn't handing out spots, especially to the clone players.

Not at all, my comment was aspirational "I hope they can show home dominance" compared to the last couple of seasons. You're right, it's too early to pass judgement.

Not at all, my comment was aspirational "I hope they can show home dominance" compared to the last couple of seasons. You're right, it's too early to pass judgement.

I agree with you in that I've been feeling a bit more weary playing at home. Felt that way a couple of times last season and now coming into this one as well. Probably- well, hopefully it's nothing though.

Hang on -- you were raging on Sutter all summer, and yet you took him on your fantasy team??

I Stick to my words. I still don't like the cap hit and the price we paid.

Yes I took him in a 10 man yahoo league off waivers.

Archived