The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Oct. 16/2015 7:00PM SNV

HerrDrFunk

Horvat needs to start picking it up, because I'm not going to lie, seeing all the success Domi is having is starting to make me think...

That's turning out to be a heck of a draft. Used to be should have drafted val but now maybe domi.

Just hope hunter can eventually become an impact player. Could be a late bloomer.

Not worried about Bo though.

Why is this a thing? The worst athlete in Vancouver history and you want to use it to describe Jake?

He's a bit of a country boy from what I've heard. I'm sure it's not an homage to that Jabroni of a fighter. Big country is a pretty classic nickname, I've heard it thrown around in other sports anyway.

Horvat needs to start picking it up, because I'm not going to lie, seeing all the success Domi is having is starting to make me think...

It's really interesting how Domi is a completely different player from his dad.

Bo will pick it up - I believe it's much harder for a sophomore to repeat his success because now he is a player that the opposition focuses on.

So Domi plays well for 4 games and suddenly Bo was a bad choice? Lets just forget about how well he played last season...

Canucks fans are the worst at turning on their players. They're always looking at other teams fortunes and not their own. Give it a rest.

So Domi plays well for 4 games and suddenly Bo was a bad choice? Lets just forget about how well he played last season...

Canucks fans are the worst at turning on their players. They're always looking at other teams fortunes and not their own. Give it a rest.

Shinny new toy syndrome.

Everyone should start referring to Botch as Big Country instead.

It would be funnier, and drive him crazy, plus it's a more apt description of his writing ability than Jake's play.

All I can think of is an inbred fat basketball player when I hear Big Country.

Watched the blues oilers last night....blues looked good albeit against the oilers who aren't experienced enough to be in position at the right time.

One aspect of the blues impressed me: late in the game Hall scored and immediately the blues, to a man started to target him physically. Really they hit any oiler, but they did a great job at stifling hall after his goal with rough play. Backes and upshall went nasty. I hope the Canucks are up for some physical play tonight.

And then there is tarasenko.

This is awful nickname. It looks like the Vancouver media and Jason Botchford particularly is trying to implement this into the fan heads.

Jason Botchford @botchford 2h2 hours ago

Thing about Big Country is that it's going to Stick so wrap your head around it

His teammates gave it to him and in one of the last All Access videos that the Canucks posted you could hear them calling him it so yea, it's not going away. I don't see what the big deal is anyways

Big physical team to play this early. I am now at the stage of dreading home games as Rogers is becoming a crypt. Listening to other venues we seem to have specially bred 18,000 trappist monks to attend our games.

4-2 Blues (although I would have reversed this score if we had been playing in St Louis)

This. Went to the flames game, and the Rog was just horrid. Barely anyone cheering, more than half the people on their phones. Even when they scored a goal, it didn't even feel like anyone cared. Compared to all other 29 buildings, The atmosphere of Rogers Arena has to be one of the worst, if not the worst. Home games really make me nervous because it feels like Canucks aren't even playing in their own building. No enthusiasm. It's like a crime to cheer in Rogers Arena. They kick out a lot of people. It's pathetic, when someone starts a chant, no one joins in, and then it just dies out. I miss those glory days when the crowd cheered the team and willed them to win :(

But anyway boys, don't let the dull atmosphere affect you! Keep playing the way you have been.

3-1 Canucks. Goals from Verby, Cracknell, Danny.

Archived