The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3-4 Dallas

CANUCK-EXPRESS

When all three are in the lineup at once, we're in trouble. We knew we'd have depth problems going into this season. It's not really a surprise. Can't imagine where we'd be without Hutton coming out of nowhere.

Get well soon Hammer!

I thought of that too..imagine if Hutton wasnt around or if he didnt play as good in camp....probably would have kept corrado .... corrado, weber, bartkowski, sbisa....can you say draft lottery?

Someone needs to send out a search party for the real Horvat. He has not been the same player early on.

Losing key draws all game and not buzzing around the net with his usual tenacity.

I would drop him to the fourth for a game and bump McCann up until he gets going.

Someone needs to send out a search party for the real Horvat. He has not been the same player early on.

Losing key draws all game and not buzzing around the net with his usual tenacity.

I would drop him to the fourth for a game and bump McCann up until he gets going.

Something is off with him.  Hoping its not a confidence issue because that can ruin a young player.  the guy looked like magic in the preseason...here he is losing draws and not buzzing as you say.

Maybe 2 much too soon for the kid.  Time 

You can't have it both ways.  Yell for speed on OT, and the coach responds by putting out his 2 fastest defensemen as a pair,  And remember, under Torts, Weber played 49 games, 34 as a 4th line winger, so in that context, not too far fetched

I like Willie, but how is it not the fault of the coach that we're doing well through 2 periods of play, and then when we change the way that we play in the 3rd period, the results are different...

We aren't capable of playing the same way for a full 60 minutes, because we don't have the same strategy after 40 minutes.

We were lucky to get a point, but we should have had 2 points after the 2 periods that the team put together. 

Once again Wille doesn't roll all 4 lines. Once again we blow a lead. Has he not figured it out yet? Last game every forward between 12-18 minutes of ice time and we win 5-1. This game every forward between 9-19 minutes of ice time and we blow a 2 goal lead. This team is built to roll all 4 lines, that's where we succeed as no player is too gassed. When will he understand this?

as son as Boudreau is canned, we replace Willie with him

I agree, take the "2nd line" expectations off horvat and put him on the 3rd or 4th line and let him play that role, put him with safe players like dorsett and Hansen and he'll flourish like last year.  He seems stuck in between needing to be an offensive guy and being sound defensively and imo he's just not ready yet and that's fine cause that's not his strength, let him play bottom 6.

Plus the guy has not had any set linemates for any length of time, that can't be helping it.

Playing hurt maybe?

Archived