The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3-4 Dallas

CANUCK-EXPRESS

you are getting pretty emotional bud. you missed an "o" in "to," I think you meant "too"

I am just pointing out that WD cant adapt, if you think he can, well I am sorry, you will find the season frustrating then. I think the team needs to rebuild, not full edmonton, but they do need to sell high on a couple of their players (hamhuis, vrbata) and so WD tanking this team is an observation but his inept coaching is just speeding up a process I wanted the team to go through at some point. Would be nice to get a chance to draft in the top 5 again and maybe get that franchise d man we have never had.

I'm not emotional. But I do question coming into CP when posters feel the need to crap on someone rather than seeing the big picture. We are two games over .500 with so many kids in the lineup, no D, a crappy coach, and a washed up goalie. Right?

I wouldn't argue if you said WD 'isn't' adapting. If you say he 'can't' then you're really just being overly emotionally sensitive yourself and not being objective. 

This team isn't tanking. The coach doesn't suck. The vets aren't washed up. The GM isn't a moron. 

That hit could not have been more clean. 

And it's not like it was a rookie getting taken advantage of, Virtanen is a year younger LOL 

Don't get why they would chirp him for that. 

At least he didn't have to fight the closest Star because of the hit. I hate that crap. Probably just trying to intimidate him, nothing new. I'd actually like to see if Virtanen can chuck em.

Everyone's blaming Willie, were you watching the game?? I haven't complained about the officiating yet this year, it's actually been pretty good. Tonight's game was a joke! I guess we all know who the NHL's new darling is out West, Jamie Benn and the Dallas Stars. He gets away with a brutal pick/slash on Dorsett to set up the tying goal, hooking Vrbata on a 2-1 right under the arm, gets away with punching Hansen in the back of his head after he grabs him to take him out of the rush, bowls him over and stands over him. Add the missed call on Hansen with a high stick that should've been 4 mins. Yet they call 2 penalties on the Canucks that were blatant dives by Dallas, 1 where the guys stick is touched and he jumps to the ice. They did let a tripping call go on the Canucks in the 3rd, but only because they let Benn get away with the pick/slash less than a minute before.

At least he didn't have to fight the closest Star because of the hit. I hate that crap. Probably just trying to intimidate him, nothing new. I'd actually like to see if Virtanen can chuck em.

I've seen a couple of his fights in the dub, he's nothing special. The guys he fought weren't exactly fighters per say but he was able to hold his own. 

I'm not emotional. But I do question coming into CP when posters feel the need to crap on someone rather than seeing the big picture. We are two games over .500 with so many kids in the lineup, no D, a crappy coach, and a washed up goalie. Right?

I wouldn't argue if you said WD 'isn't' adapting. If you say he 'can't' then you're really just being overly emotionally sensitive yourself and not being objective. 

This team isn't tanking. The coach doesn't suck. The vets aren't washed up. The GM isn't a moron. 

Can we make you President of CDC?

Everyone's blaming Willie, were you watching the game?? I haven't complained about the officiating yet this year, it's actually been pretty good. Tonight's game was a joke! I guess we all know who the NHL's new darling is out West, Jamie Benn and the Dallas Stars. He gets away with a brutal pick/slash on Dorsett to set up the tying goal, hooking Vrbata on a 2-1 right under the arm, gets away with punching Hansen in the back of his head after he grabs him to take him out of the rush, bowls him over and stands over him. Add the missed call on Hansen with a high stick that should've been 4 mins. Yet they call 2 penalties on the Canucks that were blatant dives by Dallas, 1 where the guys stick is touched and he jumps to the ice. They did let a tripping call go on the Canucks in the 3rd, but only because they let Benn get away with the pick/slash less than a minute before.

Yea, but you just have to accept this is how the NHL is run now. You can't count on getting the calls, especially in another teams building. We should have easily had 4 more powerplays tonight, but you can't let that distract from the fact they should have won this game without the calls.

We just gotta hope that if we keep playing this way the calls will come.

I've seen a couple of his fights in the dub, he's nothing special. The guys he fought weren't exactly fighters per say but he was able to hold his own. 

There's no need or desire for Virtanen to fight at all, especially at this stage. That's why we have Prust and Dorsett.

A broken hand or concussion could change the whole course of his career path. 

We need him to hit. To skate. To learn from his linemates, get to 50/50 pucks, block lanes, shoot when the chance arises, and be ready to support the puck. 

surprised WDs head did not explode having to manage 4 rookie forwards in the lineup - but wait maybe it did because he forgot that going to 3 lines in the 3rd doesnt work...

great hit by Virtanen

if we had closed out all 4 of those 3rd period leads - we could be close to 1st overall...

I think JB has done an amazing job, WD not so much - Todd Mclellan would have been great for this team. Lindy Ruff looks like he has done a great job in dallas, Trotz would have been awesome...

There's no need or desire for Virtanen to fight at all, especially at this stage. That's why we have Prust and Dorsett.

A broken hand or concussion could change the whole course of his career path. 

We need him to hit. To skate. To learn from his linemates, get to 50/50 pucks, block lanes, shoot when the chance arises, and be ready to support he puck. 

I never said I wanted him to fight, read what I was responding to. 

surprised WDs head did not explode having to manage 4 rookie forwards in the lineup - but wait maybe it did because he forgot that going to 3 lines in the 3rd doesnt work...

great hit by Virtanen

if we had closed out all 4 of those 3rd period leads - we could be close to 1st overall...

I think JB has done an amazing job, WD not so much - Todd Mclellan would have been great for this team. Lindy Ruff looks like he has done a great job in dallas, Trotz would have been awesome...

I don't know why he's so scared to have rookies fail. That's the only way they'll learn.

I mean whats the harm n having Baertschi out in OT? If there's any format that benefits a player with his skillset, it's 3 on 3.

Imagine what a confidence boost him scoring the OT winner would be. Willie can't hold these guys back from playing the role of hero. We're going to need them to be THE guys in the future. So why not give them a taste of it now? 

great hit by Virtanen

I went on record back in the process saying I wanted Lindy Ruff.

I stand by my decision then, and I stand by it now.

Hopefully WD can figure out that trying the same thing over and over and over and over again in the third/OT and watching it fail over and over and over and over again... he'll make an adjustment... or rather don't make an adjustment. If the team is winning and nothing looks overly broken, leave the god damn thing alone and play the way that got you the lead to begin with.

I don't know why he's so scared to have rookies fail. That's the only way they'll learn.

I mean whats the harm n having Baertschi out in OT? If there's any format that benefits a player with his skillset, it's him.

Imagine what a confidence boost him scoring the OT winner would be. Willie can't hold these guys back from playing the role of hero. We're going to need them to be THE guys in the future. So why not give them a taste of it now? 

duder, I agree with you

I would love to see them playing more.

I am baffled we have not seen McCann and Burrows together in OT

I mean whats the harm n having Baertschi out in OT? If there's any format that benefits a player with his skillset, it's him.

And it's not like benching them all 3rd period and OT is working on any given night.

Archived