The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3-4 Dallas

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Before the game I'd say 75% of the fans on here thought we'd get none.

They showed that they can go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the conference if they play hard. They only beat us because of a new format that is essentially another skills competition like the shootout. 

Take the point and move on.

Hope the Canucks take it in Arizona. Also having our first look on Bachman. 

Before the game I'd say 75% of the fans on here thought we'd get none.

They showed that they can go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the conference if they play hard. They only beat us because of a new format that is essentially another skills competition like the shootout. 

Take the point and move on.

I agree, but isn't hockey one big skills competition?

It's not the veterans doing the same thing over and over. The coach is the problem and this is coming from a guy who was super excited we got him as a coach. Playing not to lose never gets you a win. He should've learned this lesson by now.

The vets are the ones who are on the ice playing. Now, I do agree that Willie made a dumb move to shorten the bench in the 3rd. But the vets needed to play tighter, all they were doing after that 3-1 goal was play in their end, and that fluke goal got them confidence and the vets still did the same thing. 

and i think sven has gotta get sent back to utica.

You know, Sven Baertschi hasn't done a lot, but there are signs he is starting to get it.

He is getting into good scoring positions a lot... but his timing or decisions are just a little off.

I think they should keep him up for another 5 games... either he is going to break out in the next few games, or prove to be a bust.

I agree, but isn't hockey one big skills competition?

My point is you never see this format anywhere else but overtime. It won't exist in the playoffs either.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with 4 on 4, and thought it was a better way to end a game. If they had to change it I would have liked to see 3 minutes of 4 on 4 followed by 2 minutes of 3 on 3. 

I'm very happy with the way the team is playing thus far.

4-2-4 is a 100 point range pace.

The team has been working McCann, Virtanen, Hutton, Baertschi, and now Gaunce into the lineup, as well as newcomers Bartkowski, Prust, Crack.

Have lost their backup and are riding Miller, who, until tonight has been borderline infallible.

Every loss has been a tight game- they've given up leads against good teams pushing hard, but nevertheless, every loss has been by one goal iirc.

So they've been in it in the last sixty seconds of all 10 of their games this season.

I'd say that's a pretty damn successful start for a team that a whole lot of people were predicting would tank this season.

I'm very happy with our team play. The players have played much better then I expected and we truly have some young offensive stars in the making. It's the coaches play that has much left to be desired.

I think many people miss the big picture in a loss like this. This is how you get better. 

We don't need to be world beaters with the kids in the line-up. We just need to hang in there for 40 games. Be close. 

It's reasonable that the kids will be learning. Adjusting. Growing. If this is how this roster is playing now, assuming they don't get burnt out (shortening the bench, alternatingly sitting them), they should be able to build on this. 

By the 3/4 mark we could be very dangerous. 

Could have won but Willie has no confidence in the young guys. You can't bench 3 guys in the third and expect to hold the lead. We have seen this too many times in this short season. So damn stupid.

He has to be the slowest learner in all of pro sports.

First Linden needs to remind him that in the playoffs you have to really play your best players.Now a few months later, thats all he can do. Unable to make month to month adjustments - wowsers!!! No wonder it has taken him so long to get to the NHL.

The vets are the ones who are on the ice playing. Now, I do agree that Willie made a dumb move to shorten the bench in the 3rd. But the vets needed to play tighter, all they were doing after that 3-1 goal was play in their end, and that fluke goal got them confidence and the vets still did the same thing. 

But the reason the vets aren't playing tighter and with more energy is they're tired, because WD only plays two periods rolling all 4 lines. It's no wonder players are gassed near the half way point in the 3rd. One only need to look at the Montreal game to see what happens when we actually roll all 4 lines.

He has to be the slowest learner in all of pro sports.

First Linden needs to remind him that in the playoffs you have to really play your best players.Now a few months later, thats all he can do. Unable to make month to month adjustments - wowsers!!! No wonder it has taken him so long to get to the NHL.

I don't know....it took you 14 months  to learn how not to spell Vrabata.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with 4 on 4, and thought it was a better way to end a game. If they had to change it I would have liked to see 3 minutes of 4 on 4 followed by 2 minutes of 3 on 3. 

I agree 4 on 4 is better... 3 on 3 is almost not hockey anymore...  too much puck possession by one side circling in the zone, and none of the end to end rushes of 4 on 4.

I absolutely lost it tonight... Positivity right out the door. 

Now I've calmed down... But these blown leads are pathetic. Regardless of how badly the refs tried to fix this game when they don't call blatant double minors or when a guy like Benn hawls down vrby on a semi breakaway. After all that, we still got the lead and blowing it is absolutely not acceptable. 

At least we're still near the top of the division. But this 3rd period bs is getting sickening. They need to fix it, otherwise no cup. 

I think many people miss the big picture in a loss like this. This is how you get better. 

We we don't need to be world beaters with the kids in the line-up bee just need to hang in there for 40 games. Be close. 

It's reasmable that the kids will be learning. Adjusting. Growing. If this is how this roster is playing now, assuming they don't get burnt out ( shortening the bench, alternatingly sitting them), they should be able to build on this. 

By the 3/4 mark we could be very dangerous. 

I must say - I like where this is going. We aren't terrible but maybe we miss the playoffs and Benning can work some magic to get us into the top 5 so we can draft a top D man or Tkachuk. Rack up the picks by moving vrbata, hamhuis, higgins, etc.

Archived