The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3-4 Dallas

CANUCK-EXPRESS

@VanCanucks: Daniel Sedin: "I thought we played well enough to win. If we keep playing the same way, we'll get our wins."

If you keep playing the same way we're going to get the first OA.

Hey, change first OA to just missing the playoffs. That is the worst that could happen. We could use a first OA.

Willie NEEDS to play ALL the players he's got FOR THE FULL GAME!! How much grey matter does that take to figure that out? Really! I mean really!! Sit the kids in the third we loose! Don't play the kids in the 3 on 3 we loose. Geez Willie!!! What have you got to loose????? Play the fu__ing kids!!!!!!

:) 

Someone needs to send out a search party for the real Horvat. He has not been the same player early on.

Losing key draws all game and not buzzing around the net with his usual tenacity.

I would drop him to the fourth for a game and bump McCann up until he gets going.

???  :picard:

Besides the losing draw tonight, Horvat's been killing it on the dot. In fact, it's better than last year numbers so far.

Defensively, Horvat's been great. Playing a worthy 2nd line C shutdown role. 

But offensively, he has been struggling. He definitely needs more support. What made Horvat so good last year offensively was the fact that he had two wingers support to help him win board battles. It's been 10 games and he had to carry at least 1 offensively struggled rookie. While McCann gets to play sheltered minutes with Dorsett and Prust who can take all the punish.

Give the kid some slack. It's only his second season.

@VanCanucks: Daniel Sedin: "I thought we played well enough to win. If we keep playing the same way, we'll get our wins."

There are so many teams playing worse than the Canucks. Their inability to close out games and their poor showing in OT are certainly frustrating, but it could be a lot worse.

I actually agree with him. They did play well enough to get the win.

If not for a lucky bounce by Dallas in the third, we wouldn't even likely be talking about this. Sometimes that's the way it goes.

???  :picard:

Besides the losing draw tonight, Horvat's been killing it on the dot. In fact, it's better than last year numbers so far.

Defensively, Horvat's been great. Playing a worthy 2nd line C shutdown role. 

But offensively, he has been struggling. He definitely needs more support. What made Horvat so good last year offensively was the fact that he had two wingers support to help him win board battles. It's been 10 games and he had to carry at least 1 offensively struggled rookie. While McCann gets to play sheltered minutes with Dorsett and Prust who can take all the punish.

Give the kid some slack. It's only his second season.

He was 8 and 10 in the circle tonight, losing mostly key defensive draws. That's what I was referring to. 

We need more than just a shutdown guy on the second line, we need offense. That's why we went out and got Sutter.

I'm not trying to rag on him, but we need him to be better. This is a team that needs all lines rolling to have success.

I find it amazing that all you don't get it!

The Canucks are an average team......average!

The Sedins are slow and were never.....NEVER! better than average skaters in their "prime" You talk about them like this is something new? They were and still are probably the best stick handlers in the league, but their lack of speed exposes              them 3 on 3.

They are our best offensive players....they are our only offensive veterans, with the exception of Vrbata........all are 34 year olds skating in a fast, young league.......accept it

You guys are expecting too much..........IMO they are actually doing better than they should be, but their 4 line efforts are keeping them in it, as soon as Willie goes to 3 lines......boom!

Imagine if we didn't use our young kids! Are they good enough for the NHL....IMO....YES!

Should they be playing in the league, I am not sure, only time will tell if we ruin them the Edmonton has been screwing up their kids......if you read the comments on CDC......we sure are putting a lot of pressure on them!

Now if you agree with me...give me a heart to show you agree

If you don't, it won't change a thing

They are average...........but so are a lot of other teams, for various reasons.

Personally, this team, this year, is giving me mixed feelings..... final position 13 to 21 OA ???? Leaning on the 21 area???

At least we haven't been blown out all year. Losing 3rd period leads is a concern but this team is definitely improved from last year, too bad it seems the whole western conference did too. Dallas is crazy fast, exciting young team they got there.

On to the next! GCG

i agree with with a lot of what you said here ..  we have been in every game , and we owe a lot of that to ryan miller ..     its a young team though and confidence will rise and ebb throughout the season .   not to be coy but it truly is a process ..  our future is bright 

At least we haven't been blown out all year. Losing 3rd period leads is a concern but this team is definitely improved from last year, too bad it seems the whole western conference did too. Dallas is crazy fast, exciting young team they got there.

On to the next! GCG

Good points.   I still think its admirable this team has 2 regulation losses in a 10 game span that included playing several young players and rookies, and having Sbisa, Weber, bartkowski in the lineup at the same time.

Im not worried too much about the offence.  If Tanev and/or Edler ever go down ... ouch....

I find it amazing that all you don't get it!

The Canucks are an average team......average!

The Sedins are slow and were never.....NEVER! better than average skaters in their "prime" You talk about them like this is something new? They were and still are probably the best stick handlers in the league, but their lack of speed exposes              them 3 on 3.

They are our best offensive players....they are our only offensive veterans, with the exception of Vrbata........all are 34 year olds skating in a fast, young league.......accept it

You guys are expecting too much..........IMO they are actually doing better than they should be, but their 4 line efforts are keeping them in it, as soon as Willie goes to 3 lines......boom!

Imagine if we didn't use our young kids! Are they goof enough for the NHL....IMO....YES!

Should they be playing in the league, I am not sure, only time will tell if we ruin them the Edmonton has been screwing up their kids......if you read the comments on CDC......we sure are putting a lot of pressure on them!

Now if you agree with me...give me a heart to show you agree

If you don't, it won't change a thing

They are average...........but so are a lot of other teams, for various reasons.

Personally, this team, this year, is giving me mixed feelings..... final position 13 to 21 OA ???? Leaning on the 21 area???

Because getting 3 out of a possible 4 points against the top 2 teams in the league is "average". Yeah, OK. 

Look at what Ottawa pulled off last Feb~April. If you've got the horses, & they're goin, you'll find a way.

It's better to learn these lessons early in the season. If you can't make up a couple blown points in Oct(can't expect to win all 4), well then accept the high draft choice.

The positive is we're finally dealin' in some youth. Need patience folks.

He was 8 and 10 in the circle tonight, losing mostly key defensive draws. That's what I was referring to. 

We need more than just a shutdown guy on the second line, we need offense. That's why we went out and got Sutter.

I'm not trying to rag on him, but we need him to be better. This is a team that needs all lines rolling to have success.

If you're talking about Ryan Kesler then yeah i agree with you.

But you're talking about a sophomore who just played his 78th regular season game. A sophomore who's been struggling offensively to be relied on to carry at least 1 other offensively struggled youth.

Horvat took the most draws out of all C's tonight and ended with a respectable 44%. Our best C, Henrik, got 29%.

You're taking it out on Horvat for his offensive struggles. But his wingers ain't helping either.

Because getting 3 out of a possible 4 points against the top 2 teams in the league is "average". Yeah, OK. 

perhaps he means it in the context of ( are we really contenders ? )   if thats what he's trying to say than I cannot disagree .. and the goal is to win or at least realistically contend for the cup .    I dont know that many of us see that as a reality right now 

Archived