The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

11 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think Boston kinda started the super team thing with KG, Pierce, and Allen. 

Different situation. Allen, Pierce, and KG were all acquired through drafting, developing, and trades. The Celtics utilized the assets to the fullest and built a super team in the most earnest way possible. I can respect that.

They did not call each other up and say lets build a super team together.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

I never agreed with this before, but these Playoffs have changed my opinion on LBJ. 

Lebron > Kobe

I still like Kobe's competitive nature over Lebron's though.

Lebron and Kobe isn't even the  comparison!

To me Lebron is the greatest basketball player ever and it's not even debate.  Lebron destroys MJ 1 on 1 left right and center.  

Forget even basketball,  Lebron is one of the greatest athletes ever!  

Edited by JV77

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Its the worst of the 4 NA sports leagues, both entertainment wise and from administrative point of view. That is indisputable. Anyone who even casually follows Pro Sports in NA knows this. Its repetitive and doesn't reward teams that play the game the right way (Like Utah. Like Indiana. Like New Orleans, Like Portland. Like the Spurs). When a real team comes close to knocking out a star or team of stars, the way officials officiate the star players takes it away from them.

Then why are nba ratings significantly  higher than nhl ratings. 

And im assuming they’re higher than mlb ratings as well, I havnt checked those numbers though. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

A Lebron fan talking about not getting calls. Get the **** out of here:lol:

Worse than Chris Webber in the Natty.

LOL you're joking right? How many times is Lebron fouled going to the rim, and yet there are numerous players that avg. moree free throws then him. It's like Shaq he's so much stronger then everyone else it doesn't seem like he gets hit. Warriors have been getting favourable calls every playoffs for the last 4 years. Your bias is showing

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

LOL you're joking right? How many times is Lebron fouled going to the rim, and yet there are numerous players that avg. moree free throws then him. It's like Shaq he's so much stronger then everyone else it doesn't seem like he gets hit. Warriors have been getting favourable calls every playoffs for the last 4 years. Your bias is showing

Right?

It's been a couple of years since LeBron has had most calls go his way.

Anyone thats been watching basketball recently would be able to see he doesn't get as many calls as he should.

For example in the 4Q yesterday - that steal on KD was as clean as can be, yet is called for a foul... go the other way and has Looney (?) swiping at his hands, no foul..

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

I never agreed with this before, but these Playoffs have changed my opinion on LBJ. 

Lebron > Kobe

I still like Kobe's competitive nature over Lebron's though.

Most people that say Kobe > LeBron only ever cite the "mamba mentality" or "competitive nature", something you can't really quantify, because by the numbers, its not even a discussion.

Edited by Drouin
  • Upvote 1

The replay on the charge was sketchy for sure but the other play where the Warriors' player was fouled driving to the basket, I wonder if it was the other Cavs player who got the call? Lebron certainly looked like he got the clean strip, but there was also a lot of body contact from the 2nd Cavs defender.

Either way, Smith's error was what really cost them the game. The zebras are always going to miss calls, and in virtually every sport, the bigger, stronger guys are expected to "fight through" contact more than other players, but mental errors like that are just killers.

15 hours ago, JV77 said:

Lebron and Kobe isn't even the  comparison!

To me Lebron is the greatest basketball player ever and it's not even debate.  Lebron destroys MJ 1 on 1 left right and center.  

Forget even basketball,  Lebron is one of the greatest athletes ever!  

Cool.....

Warriors still would've had 4 seconds to score. That's plenty of time for them and they only needed a basket. JR Smith corn Ty Lue calls that timeout right away and then it either gives them a chance to win or they just go to OT if they miss. 

Edited by gmen81

4 hours ago, lethunder said:

That and a missed free throw.. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  The guy shoots 80%.  He has to make both those.  He’s the one who should be taking the heat.  

Missing FT's happens, especially in clutch moments. Not knowing the score of a tight game with 4 seconds left in the 4th is just being brain dead.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

Missing FT's happens, especially in clutch moments. Not knowing the score of a tight game with 4 seconds left in the 4th is just being brain dead.

Agreed. Was just saying not ALL the blame should be on Jr... Just most of it

• Upvote 1

The heat has to be on Lue as well. As a coach when you see your player running the opposite way you should call a timeout, heck even 4 seconds left as soon as he catches the ball call a timeout(not ideal). We can go around pointing fingers at everyone, all that matters now is the Cavs show up with the same intensity and manage to take it home with the split.

10 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Warriors still would've had 4 seconds to score. That's plenty of time for them and they only needed a basket. JR Smith corn Ty Lue calls that timeout right away and then it either gives them a chance to win or they just go to OT if they miss. 

Good point. We talk about what might have happened if JR knew how to count, or what might have happened if LeBron had drawn the charge. (He did, but you know what I mean)

Bottom line is, the Cavs went into OT with exactly the same chance as the Warriors and got smoked. The zebras played a role, Smith played a role, but every Cav not named LeBron has to be looking in a mirror as well.

• Upvote 3

The league says the right call was made when the blocking foul was called on Lebron. They tweaked the rule regarding replays to make that play reviewable.

Reminds me of Hull's GWG which the NHL claimed was the result of a tweaking of the rules mid-season and the right call was made. 

Edited by Toews

58 minutes ago, Toews said:

The league says the right call was made when the blocking foul was called on Lebron. They tweaked the rule regarding replays to make that play reviewable.

Reminds me of Hull's GWG which the NHL claimed was the result of a tweaking of the rules mid-season and the right call was made. 

Anything to benefit the Golden child of the NBA :angry:

Didn't seem to hurt the NBA when there was essentially only two "Super Teams" during the Bird-Magic era.  In fact, those two pretty much saved that league I think.  Watch the documentary "Magic & Bird - a Courtship of rivals" if you haven't.

• Upvote 2