The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33828353/philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-indefinitely-orbital-fracture-mild-concussion

Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid out indefinitely with orbital fracture, mild concussion

Maybe if he didn’t fall over in a slight breeze he wouldn’t have gotten that injury. I have zero sympathy for him. Karma.

I give immense credit to players who are great at the game regardless of team. I also have immense disdain for those who use the refs to win by flopping around for every play. It degrades basketball and creates wins by default. Harden and Embiid have the tools to be considered great players, but instead decide to take the easy way to win. If they were on the Raptors team I’d still feel the same. It’s embarrassing. I hope they’re swept in round 2.

Oh and this set of refs called the 2-1 free throw winning games for the 76’ers so I knew we were going to lose this game. Such biased bs. All 3 should be fired.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Bucks take Game 1 101-89 over Celtics, Giannis had 24 points 13 boards 12 assists including a fun Play where he threw the ball off the backboard and then dunked it.

I feel like it's a lock go be Warriors vs Bucs in the Finals.

I dont see any teams knocking either off unless there are unforseen injuries like when the Raptors beat G State.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I feel like it's a lock go be Warriors vs Bucs in the Finals.

I dont see any teams knocking either off unless there are unforseen injuries like when the Raptors beat G State.

I’m rooting for the Bucks to go back to back, really love watching Giannis play, just hope no one else gets injured(Middleton is out this Series)

5 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

I’m rooting for the Bucks to go back to back, really love watching Giannis play, just hope no one else gets injured(Middleton is out this Series)

Those Warriors are something else though entirely.

Not only do they still have the big 3 with the splash bros and Donkey Kong.

Now they added this kid named Jordan Poole a 22 year old who is an absolute weapon as a scorer.

They are very difficult to contain.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Bucks will be in the finals. Giannis is the best player in the league. 

Thinking Warriors come out of the West but it's more competitive on that side with the Suns, Mavs, Grizz all being capable contenders. 

• Cheers 1

I went into the Grizzlies - Dubs series thinking I didn't have a dog in the fight and found myself cheering for Memphis.

Not sure if it's because of the tenuous connection to Vancouver, or maybe the fact that Draymond got tossed for yet another dirty play.....in any event, I came away disappointed in the result....and as much as I think Ja Morant is a great player, I thought both of his attempts late in the game were ill-advised.

It looked like the Warriors knew he was going to try and do it all on his own and swarmed both attempts....

42 minutes ago, J-23 said:

For all the Raps fan.

Always loved this guy. Masai really ahead of the curve. Def a guy you want building another contending team.

Here’s an interesting tidbit from this. The Raptors originally had the 12th pick (3 spots ahead of the Bucks), but they traded that pick to Houston (who traded that pick to OKC), in the Kyle Lowry deal. 

So, if they didn’t trade for Lowry, they probably would’ve had Giannis.

• Huggy Bear 1

Yes, the Bucks have put up a gutsy effort in this series against the Celtics,

but missing Middleton has really hurt. A healthy Bucks team probably 

would have beaten Boston in 6 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Its half time and CP and Book have yet to make a field goal. Ayton only made 1 :lol:

Thank god the Suns are getting humbled. 60 win regular season got them too cocky.

Luka putting on a &^@#ing show.