The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

21 minutes ago, smokes said:

This year he played 80 games but throughout the past 5 seasons, he has only played more than 80 games twice. Last season he missed 15 games, the year before that 36 games. Without Durant, Westbrook can't get hurt or the Thunder are done.

He's played nearly 600 of the 656 games possible throughout his career. He's pretty durable. 

Edited by Jiggs50

3 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He's played nearly 600 of the 656 games possible throughout his career. He's pretty durable. 

Early in his career yes but sports is a what have you done for me lately setting. The last 5 season, Westbrook hasn't been able to put back to back 80 game seasons. This is also when Westbrook had Durant to help with the other teams best defenders, now Westbrook is going to be the main guy which would have teams put more focus on him which exerts even more pressure on the body.

Barnes is going to mavs..with what's transpired the warriors can't match. Least Dallas benefits a bit..they definatly need it after parsons left

Durants jerseys being burned...everyone's now ripping him for joining the bandwaggon

What a day in the NBA lol..I myself thought he would stay loyal..completly understand the decision and can't blame him but I don't like it..I really hope OKC has a big plan this year or they will be in big trouble and this move will destroy them into a rebuild...trade Russel ASAP cause he ain't committing and they cant risk this happening twice

3 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Nvm, Gasol going to Spurs

Likely means that Duncan retirement is a done deal.

Too bad for the Raps. Right now, none of the backup centers inspire a lot of confidence in me. PP is okay I guess, but Gasol would have been great.

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

OKC messed up by trading Harden away years ago.

Durant going to the Warriors is a pretty low move but good for him if he wants to win lol.

I think they wanted to keep him, but decided they couldn't afford him with KD and Westbrook also making big money.

IIRC, he turned down an extension worth 11 or 12 million per. That definitely looks cheap now, but at the time Harden was a 6th man.

Can't believe KD still went to the Warriors. Watch them go 82-0. That's how much better this team just got. I'm shocked that he left OKC.they were that close to being in the finals just this past season. And he pulls off a move like this. Good luck getting the ball from Steph and Klay because they'll be shooting 3s like 80-85% of the time. I also believe he didn't have a good relationship with Westbrook so that mightve played a part in his decision

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Hypothetically what would the Raptors have to give up for Westbrook if OKC decided to trade him?

Depends on the direction they go.

They'd want kyle or jonas+powell++

Reason I say this...Boston can offer..Thomas,Bradley,Smart and crowder. Atlanta could offer Millsap+

Clippers could offer Griffin+

Throw in a few bad teams like the knicks and lakers and you have endless offers

Edited by naslund.is.king

I just have this feeling Durant won't mesh well with that team and their style of play.  Like the way I look at it, how much better can the Warriors be next year?  74 win team?  And they went to game 7 of the finals after leading 3-1.  But I guess better would be steam rolling through the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

It's not that Durant left. It's where he went. 

Wade might be heading to the Cavs. #repeat #gschokebros

Bet if the Thunders beat Warriors in that series he would have re-signed in Oklahoma (And they were up 3-1 in that series, was a winnable series for them)

• Upvote 1