The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Utica, home of the Comets

UticaFanPart2

7 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

I love how your town and fans get behind this team you guys show what it's like to be real fans go Comets/Canucks go!

I've never seen this city embrace anything, like they have the Vancouver Canuck's AHL affiliate. A Utica Comet's hockey game is a "MUST SEE" event in our area. From the tail-gate pre game festivities, to all the post game get-together at the local bars and restaurants, this town is just abuzz during hockey season.

It doesn't just belong to the Comets. The Aud is also home to the Utica College Pioneers. Our Division 3 college hockey team, that draws sell-out crowds as well.

10 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

What do you mean, new? It's the reno'd old arena, or is this a new concept (doesn't look like it)?

The Utica Aud has undergone a MAJOR face lift this off-season. The outer shell of the building has been removed and replaced with a 21st century replacement, that allows the Aud to be lit up for every event. When the Comets play, the exterior will be lit up with blue and green. When the Pioneer's play, it will be lit up with blue and orange.

49 minutes ago, UticaFanPart2 said:

I've never seen this city embrace anything, like they have the Vancouver Canuck's AHL affiliate. A Utica Comet's hockey game is a "MUST SEE" event in our area. From the tail-gate pre game festivities, to all the post game get-together at the local bars and restaurants, this town is just abuzz during hockey season.

It doesn't just belong to the Comets. The Aud is also home to the Utica College Pioneers. Our Division 3 college hockey team, that draws sell-out crowds as well.

I wonder what it is like to have fans that actually like and support their team.

4 hours ago, UticaFanPart2 said:

The Utica Aud has undergone a MAJOR face lift this off-season. The outer shell of the building has been removed and replaced with a 21st century replacement, that allows the Aud to be lit up for every event. When the Comets play, the exterior will be lit up with blue and green. When the Pioneer's play, it will be lit up with blue and orange.

Wow the city knows what the fans want  :D   Watching the games online the towns energy spills into our living rooms on the other side of the continent !   I doubt there are greater fans in all of hockey !

GO UTICA !!!!!!:towel:

5 hours ago, UticaFanPart2 said:

It would be nice if you could get another 3-4 thousand in the AUD..less people left out in the cold for games...but I imagine they would go just as quick..lol

On 11/26/2015, 6:35:59, ShakyWalton said:

It would be nice if you could get another 3-4 thousand in the AUD..less people left out in the cold for games...but I imagine they would go just as quick..lol

There is "something in the works". A recent turn of events has unfolded here in Utica. A developer purchased some land behind the Aud to build some new apartment complexes. However, that "plan" was scrapped, and he was "outbid" by another "investment", looking to add a $45 million dollar sports complex in that area. Now, I'm not sure how much a 6k seat arena (perfect size for Utica) would cost, but $45 million sure would be a good down payment.....hmmmm.

Having the smallest barn in the league has it's benefits and drawbacks. We have a season ticket base of 3300. That leaves 565 tickets available for each game. In a small market like Utica, that is good. The Comets (Canucks) operate with very little overhead. The travel, now being in the East, is VERY minimal. Every seat at the Aud is sold, for every game. The marketing for this team has done very well, as shown by the attendance. Because of the demand for AHL hockey, a bigger arena is not a question of if, but when. The updates to the Aud will ensure the Aud remains up-to-date for the near future.

Archived