The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs LA at 7:00pm Pacific, Dec 28th, 2015

Odd.

1 hour ago, nom_de_plume said:

Huh? Looked pretty solid last game.  Stepped up at blue line and in neutral zone.  Played physical with a couple of good hits and rub outs.  Also, didn't waste shots into shinpads but, instead, looked for shooting lanes by moving around shot blockers.  Thought he kept it simple...

And AA? Alcoholics Anonymous?

They meant defense when fighting, Pedan can dish out a beating but he isn't the best at protecting himself.

14 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

Come on!!!!! Burrows AND Huggins?  We're doomed...

Was enjoying watching how the team played without Higgins, particularly how effective the PK has been.  I really look forward to the day his ass is moved down the road.  He is just clogging up the roster and delaying opportunity four our prospects.

No-hit, no-heart Higgins.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Was enjoying watching how the team played without Higgins, particularly how effective the PK has been.  I really look forward to the day his ass is moved down the road.  He is just clogging up the roster and delaying opportunity four our prospects.

No-hit, no-heart Higgins.

He kills whatever line he plays on, and for some reason WD is obsessed with putting him on the second line and the second unit PP. He's horrible. 

If he breaks up Baer, Horvat and Vrbata tonight...

1 minute ago, CanuckianOne said:

He kills whatever line he plays on, and for some reason WD is obsessed with putting him on the second line and the second unit PP. He's horrible. 

Agreed. WD likes "safe" players and seems willing to put up with Mr. Softy because he knows what he gets... bloody nothing.

3 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

i'd not even watch the game lol

However, you guys should calm down with the Higgins hate. It's been a tough season for him. Im sure he'll rebound.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

i'd not even watch the game lol

However, you guys should calm down with the Higgins hate. It's been a tough season for him. Im sure he'll rebound.

You're right... I've been really harsh on Higgins.  He usually plays well for a couple games after returning from injury then disappears into the abyss for 20+ games.  If that's the bounce back you're talking about, I can do without it... Most importantly the Canucks can do without him.

21 hours ago, gino#29 said:

who are LA"S referee's tonight?

For what it's worth, both guys are a bit hard on the home team as per the league average.

http://scoutingtherefs.com/2015/12/11216/tonights-nhl-referees-linesman-122815/

Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks – 10:00 EST

Referees

Tim Peel (#20)

130p_peel.jpg?resize=130%2C130

• Games 2015-16: 28
  • Career Games: 1033
  • First NHL Game: Oct 21 1999
  • Birthplace: Toronto, ON
  Peel NHL
Rank
NHL
Avg
Goals/Gm 4.9 30 5.2
PP/Gm 3.5 7 3.2
Penl/Gm 4.4 5 4
PIM/Gm 10.8 7 9.6
% of Penl on Home 50% 7 48%
More Penl on Road 0% 34 9%
Home Win % 50% 38 65%
Home Rec. 14-14    
Games to OT/SO 29% 12 24%
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd
Pctg 34% 40% 26%
Rank 18 13 30
Team Records ’15-16 ’14-15 ’13-14
LAK 1-2 0-3 3-0
VAN 0-2 1-4 2-4

Tom Kowal (#32)

130p_kowal.jpg?resize=130%2C130

• Games 2015-16: 29
  • Career Games: 914
  • First NHL Game: Oct 29 1999
  • Birthplace: Vernon, BC
  Kowal NHL
Rank
NHL
Avg
Goals/Gm 5 24 5.2
PP/Gm 3.2 22 3.2
Penl/Gm 4.3 10 4
PIM/Gm 10 13 9.6
% of Penl on Home 48% 18 48%
More Penl on Road 8% 20 9%
Home Win % 52% 37 65%
Home Rec. 15-14    
Games to OT/SO 21% 23 24%
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd
Pctg 34% 37% 29%
Rank 17 21 21
Team Records ’15-16 ’14-15 ’13-14
LAK 1-1 2-5 2-3
VAN 1-1 5-5 1-4

4 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

Huh? Looked pretty solid last game.  Stepped up at blue line and in neutral zone.  Played physical with a couple of good hits and rub outs.  Also, didn't waste shots into shinpads but, instead, looked for shooting lanes by moving around shot blockers.  Thought he kept it simple...

And AA? Alcoholics Anonymous?

Andrew Alberts a real decent guy and a pretty good 6/7 D who's career was ended by a cheap shot.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I don't want Pedan to fight though. His defence is too poor for the NHL. Lucic would kill him and another bad concussion could seriously endanger a 22 year olds career. Do we really want that. 

So far, Pedan reminds me of AA, a good solid physical presence.

This guy...every thread about Pedan he claims any of his opponents would beat him. 

You really need to get your eyes checked. He has had on clear loss on his fighting record. 

Archived