The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Cleared Waivers] F Scott Gomez, and F Sam Gagner

Mackcanuck

gagner has offensive skill set. almost a .6ppg player.

could easily slot in our 2nd pp unit, but i dont see benning putting a claim in. Not like he havent been shutout a bunch of times in the last month or anything. Not like we are in need of any kind of secondary scoring or a spark oh no not at all.......

is dave gagner still a part of this team in some capacity?

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

could easily slot in our 2nd pp unit, but i dont see benning putting a claim in. Not like he havent been shutout a bunch of times in the last month or anything. Not like we are in need of any kind of secondary scoring or a spark oh no not at all.......

he left a few years ago I believe that Ryan Johnson is in his role now.

we have cap space for him with all our injuries, plus lets move out some older guys already they are doing NOTHING for us....waive them if you have to. Higgins, prust can go easily, vrbata should get a ok return, look at moving burr if a team will take on all or most of his contract. 

Gagner is 26, basically at the age where we have nobody due to our poor drafting and tradiing of picks. Sutter is the same age. Gagner can also play on the wing once we are fully healthy.

If Winnipeg (foolishly) believe they can still get that last wildcard spot, then they should put in a claim for Gagner. With Scheifele out for who knows how long, he's not a huge gamble. They have the cap room, and he's a UFA at the end of the season, so he won't mess up their plans to sign Trouba and Scheifele as RFAs. 

Now, if Chevy believes that the Jets are too far gone to make up ground on the rest of the Central teams, then he should definitely pass and go for a top 5 pick.

Shocking to see how Gagner has fallen these last few years; no question, he'll get picked up by someone. He's the only active player with an 8pt game after all :huh:

According to the site posted below, Gagner hasn't played for over a month as a result of a concussion which tells me that he is not ready to step into the NHL and play right away.

I like the guy but Edmonton ruined his development by rushing him to the pros when he didn't have the physical strength and mature supporting cast. This is a definite pass.

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/news/waiver/

The Flyers have placed Sam Gagner on waivers.
Gagner has been out since November 23rd with a concussion and is now on waivers. If Gagner goes unclaimed, he will likely head to the AHL. The 2007 sixth overall pick’s NHL career could be in danger of coming to an end

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

Claim all the waivers supastars!

Not like Gagne hadn't scored a point in 10 games.

Not like he isn't exceedingly weak in the faceoff circle - as in 31.3% weak.  Real weak.

Not like he hasn't been facing the weakest quality of competition on the Flyers - and producing nothing.

Not like he's not a soft, underproductive, overpaid asset - just what this team needs!

But I don't see Benning putting in a claim.:(

So much short term thinking around here.

That contract will not only get in the way of one of the returning injured players, but could also get in the way of a worthwhile acquisition this team could make.  Taking on that cap hit is not a no-risk situation - it can be a roadblock to acquiring another player.

24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Claim all the waivers supastars!

Not like Gagne hadn't scored a point in 10 games.

Not like he isn't exceedingly weak in the faceoff circle.

Not like he hasn't been facing the weakest quality of competition on the Flyers - and producing nothing.

Not like he's not a soft, underproductive, overpaid asset - just what this team needs!

But I don't see Benning putting in a claim.:(

So much short term thinking around here.

That contract will not only get in the way of one of the returning injured players, but could also get in the way of a worthwhile acquisition this team could make.  Taking on that cap hit is not a no-risk situation - it can be a roadblock to acquiring another player.

well when baertschi is out of the game and you are slotting dorsett prust and higgins on your 2nd line, that should show that our depth is brutal.

its not a road block, it would be a road block if we were a contender looking to save every penny till deadline day.

he has skill, we lack that, we lack secondary scoring, he can provide that, its proven over almost 600 nhl games. highest scoring forward in arizona last year

it is short term thinking... he isnt lecavalier strapped to a $&!#ty contract for years beyond this season. He can play wing and nobody is doing well in philly...

he is by far a younger better option than higgins and he is in his mid 20's not aging and slow like prust, burrows higgins 

Archived