The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of January (09-10) 2016

Wow, OV takes the puck behind his own net, skates past 3 Rangers to the front of net and score a beauty. WHat a player.

Greatest goal scorer in the history of the league.

When he gets his 500th he'll be the fastest player to 500 who didn't play in the 1980's, when there was no such thing as defense and goalies sucked and barely wore any equipment.

Only Gretzky , Lemieux, Bossy and Hull have been faster to 500. They all played in the 1980's

What a player. 

2 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

SJ 7 - Tor 0 ... Bernier in net for all 7.  He was 1st star ... for the Sharks.  

I use to think he was on the same level as Schneider and that they would both become elite tenders; woooooah nelly I was wrong for Bernier :lol:

WSH just a well oiled machine, Finally has a complete team. Emergence of Kuz is huge, he takes the top checking line away from Backstrom and leads the team in Pts. Backstrom on the other hand has emerged as one of the best 2 way Cs in the NHL.

Cup Contender finally. 

Trotz gets a lot of credit and he's done a good job but this is a much different, deeper and better team than years past, from Goalie to D to Forwards. 

21 hours ago, R3aL said:

I use to think he was on the same level as Schneider and that they would both become elite tenders; woooooah nelly I was wrong for Bernier :lol:

Bernier is what really, about 5'10" or there a bout?  Little goalies are seeming to be going the way of the Goon.

Ovechkin gets his 500th.

Best goal scorer in history of NHL. 

Fastest guy to 500 who didn't play in the 1980's.

Only Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy and Hull did it faster and they all played in the 80's, no defense and sucky goalie era.

Same thing goes for 300 goals and 300 assists, he's also 5th fastest and only one to do it not playing in the 80's.

Archived