The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin - Low Life

Joejoeyjoel

35 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

PL was essentially saying how the Sedins are as good men as hockey players get yet they get no respect from not just other players but broadcasters around the different markets. He went as far as saying 'it makes my blood boil' when the Sedins are mistreated.

Good man.

Thanks

Good man indeed.

9 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

To touch on your last paragraph...

They actually had a big meeting amongst the NHL broadcasters last summer to touch on just this, the over the top homerism.. The kind that makes John Garret look like a Bruins fan :)  With so many people watching games out of market the NHL believes it was actually hurting their bottom line because people would just choose to not tune in.  

The Sedins are two of the finest human beings to ever grace this fair city.  We are blessed!  Denis Potvin is a waste of our breath!

NESN obviously missed that meeting.

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I do believe the NHL should take steps to curtail the degree of homeristic comments being made by broadcasters as it is creating a degree of animosity and unprofessionalism that should concern the league brass.  They control all the licensing of the broadcasts and should perhaps start handing out fines and suspensions for such outbursts as Potvin's.

Panthers fans on HF hate Potvin anyway. Just putting this out there as someone in the other thread said that Panthers fans were defending Potvin which isn't true.

1 hour ago, Adamth said:

Once Canucks  WIN the Cup this will all wash away Move on folks

Well I doubt that'll happen while the Sedins are still here (realistically), so you're implying they'll never get the respect they deserve?  Probably true.

Statement From Florida Panthers Television Analyst Denis Potvin:

"My choice of words at the conclusion of the Vancouver game on Monday should have been more appropriate. In the passion of the moment and under the circumstances of how the game ended, they came out wrong. For that I'm going to extend my sincere apologies to Daniel Sedin, Trevor Linden and the Canucks organization."

As the truth begins to unfold here....Willie Mitchell & Roberto Luongo need to man-up on behalf of their team and set the record straight about the Sedins with these eastern media & Panther-fan types. The post-game fly by the Panther bench by the streak-breaker D. Sedin to stare down the offending player like an angry librarian,...is simple behavior corrrection. The game's results = karma. The hockey-gods were simply delivering this dufuss  a message that his 'mates & the league have failed to deliver.

Bet the offending comments were made by a player from one of those other league 'enabled' teams,... who win abetted by refereeing atrocites, the mis-interpretation of bogus drama & by un-curbed violence. Those teams hype-up players who have become somewhat mis-wired, & unable to learn the many of the life-lessons that rest of our world does.

24 minutes ago, skeena1 said:

Statement From Florida Panthers Television Analyst Denis Potvin:

"My choice of words at the conclusion of the Vancouver game on Monday should have been more appropriate. In the passion of the moment and under the circumstances of how the game ended, they came out wrong. For that I'm going to extend my sincere apologies to Daniel Sedin, Trevor Linden and the Canucks organization."

Not like I care

This is the lamest of apologies.  This is like the PR dept. has a apology for you to sign whenever your ready Denis.

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not like I care

This is the lamest of apologies.  This is like the PR dept. has a apology for you to sign whenever your ready Denis.

This ^^^^. My sentiments exactly.......not a whole lot of sincerity being felt from it at all. Like who told him to apologize and what were the repercussions to himself if he didn't?  Aren't those called self-serving and backhanded apologies?

5 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Potvin is irrelevant in the hockey world and that bothers him.  He needs little sound bites aimed at a small fan base to generate attention.  Pathetic what he has become. 

As for the Sedins, this is actually just drawing the attention of the classier press to stand up and express how wrong those comments are and how much unjustified criticism and abuse the twins have faced.   Pierre LeBrun was very outspoken about how he has never seen two classier guys in the league and that the abuse they take on and off the ice "pisses me off".

The Twins will be more fondly remembered and be more respected as players and peoples than Denis Potvin by a significant ,margin.

I do believe the NHL should take steps to curtail the degree of homeristic comments being made by broadcasters as it is creating a degree of animosity and unprofessionalism that should concern the league brass.  They control all the licensing of the broadcasts and should perhaps start handing out fines and suspensions for such outbursts as Potvin's.

Solid post.

3 hours ago, panelguy said:

Is it true that Thornton made a reference to Rypien which caused the melee at the end of the game ?

Botchford said today on 1040 that this was in fact not true. Players from the Canucks who were there, contacted him and had said this was not true. Both Sedin's said it was about them and them alone. However, how bad did it have to be to get that upset? By this time in their careers, you would have to think they have about heard it all so whatever it was must have been way over the line.

RT @BMacDonnieMoj: Botchford: I can confirm 100% what was said to the Sedins included nothing regarding Rick Rypien.

Archived