The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ham-juice appreciation thread.

dudeistpriest

this team needs stay at home defencemen who protects the goalie.  hammer is one of those guys who helps his team win by preventing goals against.  case in point:  blocking a shot with his face.  i luv this guy !!  what matters is he has prevented SO MANY goals against.  i think luongo, schneider, miller and markstrom would agree:  a defenceman like ham-juice is a goalies best friend.  who cares about his offensive numbers, sometimes you have to have that guy who works his ass off (or his face off) to make sure malkin or crosby or kane or seguin doesn't score on OUR goalie.  CHEERS TO DANNY BOY !!!  he's been that guy for us for many years.  i hope we can find someone as selfless as ham-juice, that is if we are silly enuf to let this guy go.  CHEERS TO THE UNSUNG HEROES !!!  (his +/- is +90 in his career).  hope to see you again this year AND next !!

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

sorry for hamhuis salary he brings no offense constantly has turned puck over this yr  id rather 4.5 mill in cap space  towards a dman that is physical can skate pass and shutdown offensive players not a hassbeen

Shhhhhh, we're trading him for Bowey. 

6 hours ago, dudeistpriest said:

this team needs stay at home defencemen who protects the goalie.  hammer is one of those guys who helps his team win by preventing goals against.  case in point:  blocking a shot with his face.  i luv this guy !!  what matters is he has prevented SO MANY goals against.  i think luongo, schneider, miller and markstrom would agree:  a defenceman like ham-juice is a goalies best friend.  who cares about his offensive numbers, sometimes you have to have that guy who works his ass off (or his face off) to make sure malkin or crosby or kane or seguin doesn't score on OUR goalie.  CHEERS TO DANNY BOY !!!  he's been that guy for us for many years.  i hope we can find someone as selfless as ham-juice, that is if we are silly enuf to let this guy go.  CHEERS TO THE UNSUNG HEROES !!!  (his +/- is +90 in his career).  hope to see you again this year AND next !!

You know Ham-Juice was two people right?   Not one amazing dman. 

6 hours ago, dudeistpriest said:

Im guessing you haven't been watching the games he played before his injury... He has been getting slower every year and is getting scored on a lot more then he used too. Time catches up to everyone, the time to move him is now before he becomes too ineffective and we get nothing for him. He is a great guy, but time to move him now.

11 hours ago, dudeistpriest said:

Man I thought  was the only Hamhuis fan left on these boards, well put! Only way I'd trade Hammer is if he would do what Vermette did and resign with us next year. People jump on him and Edler everytime they make a mistake, yet they are eating big minutes and always playing against the best competition.

4 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Im guessing you haven't been watching the games he played before his injury... He has been getting slower every year and is getting scored on a lot more then he used too. Time catches up to everyone, the time to move him is now before he becomes too ineffective and we get nothing for him. He is a great guy, but time to move him now.

He's one of the team leaders in + -, so that argument doesn't hold up. Also one of the best Corsi's on the team.

6 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

Man I thought  was the only Hamhuis fan left on these boards, well put! Only way I'd trade Hammer is if he would do what Vermette did and resign with us next year. People jump on him and Edler everytime they make a mistake, yet they are eating big minutes and always playing against the best competition.

Right there with you Cannons. A lot of CDCers are crazy fickle and lose sight of the fact the that Canucks are merely men, born imperfect and suffer the ups and downs like rest of us mere mortals.

I'd like to see Hammer back next year to help mentor, anchor our young D, take some pressure off Edler, because to put it bluntly, our D is total garbage and we need the depth badly. Bartkowski has been underwhelming, Weber is just awful, Pedan and Biega will not be ready for a top 4 role or minutes, Spisa's almost there and so is Hutton, but... ya. If we don't manage to resign Hammer after trading him, we'll need a top 4 UFA Dman badly.

56 minutes ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

You can count me as one too.

Most of the people who slag him have never played and have zero understanding of what it takes to play defense in the NHL.

Archived