The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

8 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Skates well for such a big man. Canon of a shot though it takes about a week to get it off. Has great wingspan for getting in passing lanes, hard to move but could use his size more to punish opposition...

... the KHL doesn't count secondary assists, he isn't expected to be a point producer, international experience...

1 minute ago, theminister said:

As I've said a few times, I think the 'rebuild' is ahead of the brass' original schedule. 'Realistically,' how about this to end the year?

- Hammer (50% retained), Higgins (50% retained for both years) to Pitts for Pouliot + 4th

- Vrbata for a 2nd (50-60 range) + 3rd/B prospect

- Bartkowski for 5th

- Weber for 6th

- Prust (50% retained) for 5th

Sedins-Hansen

Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Dorsett/CracknellVey

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Hutton

Tryamkin-Biega

Pedan-Pouliot

2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th

Or some combination similar to that? Gives us the youth influx and multiple picks to do some dealing at the draft.

I like the cut of your jib.

2 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

:towel:

I'm not sure if he'd even come if it was to go to Utica. I'd think his agent will push for NHL. KHL is hardly a minor league. And if so, one of Bart or Hammer will have to be gone first. Which fits right in with the trade deadline. Interesting announcement for sure.

2 minutes ago, theminister said:

As I've said a few times, I think the 'rebuild' is ahead of the brass' original schedule. 'Realistically,' how about this to end the year?

- Hammer (50% retained), Higgins (50% retained for both years) to Pitts for Pouliot + 4th

- Bartkowski for 5th

- Weber for 6th

Sedins-Hansen

Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Hutton

Tryamkin-Biega

Pedan-Pouliot

2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th

Or some combination similar to that? Gives us the youth influx and multiple picks to do some dealing at the draft.

I'd be up for it.  Although two things.  A team can't retain salary on more than 3 contracts (we still have Luo) so one of those deals we couldn't retain salary on.  The other thing is a good as I think Pouliot could be, our team is loaded with left handed D men and I fulled expect us to draft another this year with our 1st. 

9 minutes ago, Yukoncanuck87 said:

But then we'll have to place him on waivers. radulov didn't because the NHL cercomvented the rules. And a lot of teams were pissed that Nasville didn't have to put him on waivers. 

That would also apply if we was signed after his contract has ended because he didn't start the season

here's the rule

In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

So he would have to sign an ahl contract this year and then an NHL contract next year.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'd be up for it.  Although two things.  A team can't retain salary on more than 3 contracts (we still have Luo) so one of those deals we couldn't retain salary on.  The other thing is a good as I think Pouliot could be, our team is loaded with left handed D men and I fulled expect us to draft another this year with our 1st. 

Ah, so. You're right. Forgot about Lou. Regardless, I think we might be able to get close to that with two more retentions. 

I don't get too hung up on the LH/RH D discussion. Especially not when Pouliot, Hutton, and Sbisa could play the other side. Same goes with the future d-man. It's a 'tomorrow' problem. 

Add in a crazier deal where we can flip Edler for Hamonic, in some fashion, and it's not a problem at all anymore. The pairings would be odd for the rest of the season but I could live with that. 

Exciting possibilities!

Just now, Boddy604 said:

I'm not sure if he'd even come if it was to go to Utica. I'd think his agent will push for NHL. KHL is hardly a minor league. And if so, one of Bart or Hammer will have to be gone first. Which fits right in with the trade deadline. Interesting announcement for sure.

This is exactly what I am thinking. I think he will be in the lineup next year. Can he play in the AHL playoffs? I am not sure what the eligibility rules are.

5 minutes ago, theminister said:

(snip)

Yup, like all those moves and they are very realistic.  And so far Benning seems to be going in that exact same route, regardless of what the worriers claim and speculate.  He sees the problems just as we all do, and he deals with them.  Like us, JB was straight cheesed at what happened in the playoffs, and rightly so.  He has also accelerated things as this season has gone on, as the kids are starting to take the mantle from the vets now.

Likewise I've maintained that as sorry as our D has appeared at times, all it would take is one trade and/or FA signing and it would suddenly look a whole lot better.  Expecting only one at most of Edler and Hamhuis to be here next year, and maybe neither.

7 minutes ago, Tomato Pajamas said:

Again, if you're hoping that we drafted a high ceiling defensemen in the 3rd round or later, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Where did I say that I was hoping that Trymakin or any of the other defensemen would be a top 2 defensemen? Please let me know.

It'd be reasonable to pen some of them down for top 6 roles, but a top pairing dman doesn't seem to be a luxury we have right now.

Yes. As a Canuck fan, I am well aware of the state of the defense. It's a tad underwhelming.

Duncan Keith and Shea Weber are bonafide number 1 defensemen in the league.

Their Olympic gold medals, Keith's Cup rings, and general awesomeness would speak to that, but thanks for verifying those facts.

It'd be a bit much to use them for comparison, for I'm sure there are other gems that lie within the realm of attainability.

That's what I was talking about. This type of thing does occur, and within the set of defensemen I mentioned initially, there could be a player that elevates their game to that degree. No guarantees either way.

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

This is exactly what I am thinking. I think he will be in the lineup next year. Can he play in the AHL playoffs? I am not sure what the eligibility rules are.

I would think he could. Cassels was able to join Utica after he finished his playoff run in the OHL. 

7 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

So

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Sbisa

Trymakin-Biega?

That could even be this year, but as for next season Pedan will require waivers so he'll be on the roster.  Whether he earns a starting spot is to be determined, so he could be the extra that cycles in, as they've done with Jake and Jared this year.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yup, like all those moves and they are very realistic.  And so far Benning seems to be going in that exact same route, regardless of what the worriers claim and speculate.  He sees the problems just as we all do, and he deals with them.  Like us, JB was straight cheesed at what happened in the playoffs, and rightly so.  He has also accelerated things as this season has gone on, as the kids are starting to take the mantle from the vets now.

Likewise I've maintained that as sorry as our D has appeared at times, all it would take is one trade and/or FA signing and it would suddenly look a whole lot better.  Expecting only one at most of Edler and Hamhuis to be here next year, and maybe neither.

I think Edler would be like his old self if he was bumped back down to a #3 guy and playing like 17-19 minutes a night. He's not a #1 guy, soon as he was we started seeing him slip up a lot more. Or just trade him lol I think that's his biggest problem though, he shouldn't be playing 22-24 minutes a night

Just now, Boddy604 said:

I would think he could. Cassels was able to join Utica after he finished his playoff run in the OHL. 

Then this might be thought behind signing him before the season ends. He gets to show what he has on the smaller ice surface and Utica gets some much needed help on the blue line. He will likely then have to battle it out with the other guys for a spot next year.

12 minutes ago, theminister said:

- Bartkowski for 5th

- Weber for 6th

Sedins-Hansen

Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Hutton

Tryamkin-Biega

Pedan-Pouliot

2016 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th

That would be quite a haul.  

I'd be happy with any of Pouliot, DuMoulin, Honka! haha, Bowey, Carrick in a Hammer deal.

I'm not holding my breath on moving Higgy - and I think he could be a decent asset to have around, both for Utica and if he regains his health/form, could be worth more down the road in a number of forms.

Bart is the one guy I wouldn't mind keeping around - particularly at the value of a 5th.  I like his game more than most folks around here - if Hammer were moved (and not brought back on the Vermette end around), I wouldn't mind seeing Bartkowski re-signed.  I like the combination of skating, decent puck moving, reasonable grit and calmness that he brings at a reasonable price.

But if they could manage returns like you outline on Hammer, Vrby, Weber and Prust - that'd be a pretty sweet coup imo.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

It is refreshing to see a GM not waver from their target and stay focused on the plan without feeling the need to play into media or fan rumblings.

His eye rolling at the "town meeting" was hilarious. His honesty is refreshing as is his focus and methodical approach.

Archived