The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

1 hour ago, Mr. Puckluck said:

This tells me that Benning's comments of, "not even looking into the trade market" are bogus. With them trying to bring in Tryamkin it could mean Hammer is moved at or before deadline. 

.. Or he is happy to let Hamhuis go by way of attrition,. Yet will still rotate in more prospects as season ends.   Still a win / win.

Big guy like that you kind of assume he will be better and more suited to the smaller ice surface... lets hope it works out that way.

As a couple folks posted above, we seem to have some decent prospects, and if some of them work out as hoped we have our 2nd and 3rd pairings already in the organization who can fill out a defence.  A top pairing guy through trade or UFA is really needed though.

14 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Bring up Pedan while you're at it. So we'd have more than one Russian speaker on the team.

I would say that is an ideal proposition. A lonely Russian can be quite a weight to carry. Comrades can accomplish great things together.

TRYAMKIN - PEDAN

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I would say that is an ideal proposition. A lonely Russian can be quite a weight to carry. Comrades can accomplish great things together.

TRYAMKIN - PEDAN

If they can make the Canucks a scarier team for opponents, then that's a huge victory. We had to lose a bunch of our gritty players in recent years, but there is potential for a comeback. The Big Bad Canucks. :angry::excl:

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

TRYAMKIN - PEDAN

Hopefully they can help persuade Nikita Zaitsev to come as well.

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Big guy like that you kind of assume he will be better and more suited to the smaller ice surface... lets hope it works out that way.

As a couple folks posted above, we seem to have some decent prospects, and if some of them work out as hoped we have our 2nd and 3rd pairings already in the organization who can fill out a defence.  A top pairing guy through trade or UFA is really needed though.

Yeah, a top pairing UFA would be ideal, but pretty much needs to be right-shooting given our current compliment on D.  That means big Buff if Winnipeg doesn't sign him, but it looks like they will.  Next up on the depth chart is Demers, who I wouldn't exactly call top pairing material even though he'd be a useful addition.  So unless we can pull off something dramatic in a trade, our best hope still looks like having 3 solid pairings, like we did 5 years ago.  Tryamkin and Pedan could definitely be part of that scenario.

7 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

If they can make the Canucks a scarier team for opponents, then that's a huge victory. We had to lose a bunch of our gritty players in recent years, but there is potential for a comeback. The Big Bad Canucks. :angry::excl:

I would happily settle for this.  Our forwards are going to be good enough that all the defense needs to be is scary. 

8 hours ago, Me_ said:

TRYAMKIN - PEDAN

*Pedan is Lithuanian, not Russian FWIW. Though he did grow up there.

Archived