The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks trying to Sign Trymakin

Gstank29

38 minutes ago, theminister said:

Of course you slip Honka in there. You could be right! I doubt it, not Nill's style, but who knows?

That's possible. And coupled with FTG reminding me about only having two retentions left, this might not be the year to move him if it requires retaining for next year too. We may want to hold off on those decisions until we decide what our plans are for Burrows and Miller. We might need them to use at the deadline next year.

I can see that. I agree that the price isn't the major factor if only a 5th. It would simply be because we are deciding to open up roster spots for Tryamkin, a UFA signing, and maybe Pedan. Seems like we have Biega pencilled in already. Bart could be useful to keep around as a spot filler, especially if Pedan stays down... but only at the right extension. He could be replaced on the market too.

I can't imagine I'm far off values if all those players get dealt. We will be in that range.

Wanted to quote you for this sentence and also for your original post earlier outlining what you would figured each player would garner. I agree wholeheartedly - these are very realistic deals, it's rare to see that from CDC. Kudos.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This is especially true with D-Men.  Keith, Seabrook, Hjarmalson, Weber and many more were 2nd round or later.  

With forwards the higher the pick the better though IMHAO.  We missed on Macdavid and Eichel.  I sure hope we don't miss out on the elite forward talent at the top of this draft too.

Hate to be that guy (just kidding, love it) but Seabs was a first rounder in the legendary 2003 draft year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

Elvis.. Always trying to help.. But knowing you would, I stated an ISO would be nice .. Or an opinion from somebody on here.  Directing me to a Trymakin thread only satisfies your desire to be resident Flagger/ mini mod..

ppl were clearly talking Trymakin here.. So you flagging me in the appropriate direction does nothing to add to the discussion. :)

:picard: 

What, do you want me to quote every relevant post in that thread? I never said there was an issue with this one, just that there was plenty of info there if you wanted to have a look. But that's fine, you can wait for someone else to post every relevant thing in this thread to your satisfaction...

46 minutes ago, theminister said:

Of course you slip Honka in there. You could be right! I doubt it, not Nill's style, but who knows?

That's possible. And coupled with FTG reminding me about only having two retentions left, this might not be the year to move him if it requires retaining for next year too. We may want to hold off on those decisions until we decide what our plans are for Burrows and Miller. We might need them to use at the deadline next year.

I can see that. I agree that the price isn't the major factor if only a 5th. It would simply be because we are deciding to open up roster spots for Tryamkin, a UFA signing, and maybe Pedan. Seems like we have Biega pencilled in already. Bart could be useful to keep around as a spot filler, especially if Pedan stays down... but only at the right extension. He could be replaced on the market too.

I can't imagine I'm far off values if all those players get dealt. We will be in that range.

Yes, Honka please.  True that Nill is no Rutherford though - that's for sure - but he has lined up some nice youth depth in Dallas, whereas his current blueline imo is borderline too young.  I think he needs to do something before the deadline if serious about this postseason, but whether that's a rental?...(perhaps doubtful)

11 minutes ago, Tig'ol Bitties said:

Wanted to quote you for this sentence and also for your original post earlier outlining what you would figured each player would garner. I agree wholeheartedly - these are very realistic deals, it's rare to see that from CDC. Kudos.

Hamhuis for Pouliot is not a realistic deal.

From the draft, for those worried about his intentions and money:

The (KHL) money is not an issue,” Tryamkin said with Chibisov translating. “Coming to the NHL is the next step in (my) career. It’s the best league in the world.

I want to come.”

Asked to describe the type of player he is, Tryamkin said:

“I’m a defensive d-man who can join the rush once in a while,” Tryamkin said. “I can handle myself in a fight and protect my teammates.”

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/06/28/canucks-can-draft-russians-again-and-they-get-a-huge-one/

Dorsett will be pleased.  Also, here's his pre-draft video where he states he wants to come over after two years.  This is why many of us have been fully anticipating this for a while now :)

2 hours ago, hockeyking said:

not if the automilist and Tryamkin mutually agree to have its contract terminated. With an out clause the cauncks would not have to get the automobilist premission and Tryamkin could come over whenever he wanted.

Similar to how radulov came over at the trade deadline.

I don't know if you read my post correctly. I'm talking about if after his KHL season is done he signs a contract with the Canucks for next season, he won't be able to just go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the NHL team without an out clause. Sure, they could also agree to mutually terminate his contract, but that would be a pretty drastic move for a young player right after his first ever NHL camp.

11 minutes ago, JE14 said:

Hamhuis for Pouliot is not a realistic deal.

Then I think you'll be surprised. Of course, the details won't likely be as a I stated them but he's a very attainable piece if Rutherford covets Hamhuis.

I don't think it can be overlooked that he hasn't been able to crack the line-up for 2.5 years, they question his NHL defensive ability, and that he is waivers eligible next year. Don't get me wrong, he's a prospect I'd love for us to get, but his star has tarnished a bit. We've seen this story before in JB's dealings. It fits his m.o.

The value, whether it be Pouliot or not, will be around that level, as I said. We will get a high prospect/pick package from someone.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Dorsett will be pleased.  Also, here's his pre-draft video where he states he wants to come over after two years.  This is why many of us have been fully anticipating this for a while now :)

That's some sick interview outfit

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

That's interesting that the translation was done by Sergei Chibisov. I think he is an underrated add to the scouting staff.

I had a chance to talk to him up in Penticton, for the Young Stars Tourney, and we spoke about Tryamkin. He was quite bullish on him, and he thinks he was ready to come over at the beginning of the year. 

I also took the chance to pick his brain on Zhukenov, Abols, and Kamenev. He seems like a decent scout, knew his job and all the Euro leagues well. I trust, when it comes to Russians, he knows what he's doing.

5 minutes ago, theminister said:

I also took the chance to pick his brain on Zhukenov, Abols, and Kamenev. He seems like a decent scout, knew his job and all the Euro leagues well. I trust, when it comes to Russians, he knows what he's doing.

Was he the primary scouting resource for Zhukenov then?  Anything about Zaitsev, although it sounds like he's headed to Toronto.

Archived