The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blue Jackets 2 vs Canucks 1

canucktican

8 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

here come the comments, "we should have won","we played better" we did this that. reality is this team couldn't beat the worst team in the league even after being rested. You want playoffs? Well lets go through what playoff teams did tonight. Hawks scored 5 goals with a much tougher opponent. Look around the league. Keep drinking the kool-aid management is now trying to feed you by convincing us that a 1st round exit is the best fit for the young players lol! There is no excuse for a team like the Canucks' who claim they want the playoffs to not at-least score 2 -3 goals. Even with a 4 on 3 powerplay.

Benning, if he decides not to sell at the TDL, I want him gone. 

Didn't you say that this game would be a blowout for us?  

You jinxed it Desi. 

Just now, YEGCanuck said:

Well that's a lousy feeling. If it wasn't for loser points we would be in trouble. Not impressed.

Lets hope the boys can can really bring it this Saturday against the Flames on HNIC.

For those us us that remember, it's not a "loser" point - it was a single point for a tied game.

Only difference now is, they also award 2 points to the team that wins in OT or SO.

5 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Ran into a hot goalie tonight. Not much you can do.

The Canucks seem to run into a hot goalie most nights. Let's face it. The Canucks are making other team's goalies look good.

I agree with the positive comments about the young guys -- Horvat, Vey, Baertschi, Etem, Hutton.

But the Canucks played a fairly even game, at home, while relatively healthy and rested, and ultimately lost in the SO. And they are dead last in the Division in ROW -- the thing that actually counts in playoff games.

I don't buy the argument that "the best thing that can happen is for our young guys to get some playoff experience.:

I think that the best thing that can happen is to add another high end young guy (top 5 pick) to the roster along with several low first or second round picks who have a shot at being good NHL players.

1 minute ago, afan said:

4 straight losses for Miller. Vancouver deserves this fate when they put away the winning goalie on the bench. Obviously, this organization does not want to win. Miller to start in the next game for sure.

banghead.gif

Yah, it's Miller's fault the Canucks can't score more than 1 goal....

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Oilers will pass us but unless they make the playoffs - watch them win Mathews...

Don't say that. I already have to listen to my Oiler friends argue that they deserved MacDavid but if I have to listen to them justifying scoring Matthews too, well, that might just be it for me. 

I think the Canucks should trade draft picks at the deadline and try to stock up some older vets to put us into the playoffs.

We should keep Vrbata , Burrows, Hansen and Hamhuis no matter what first round picks we are offered at the deadline.

This current group we have with a few additions can challenge for the Stanley cup this year.  

errr...  sorry i think i had a few drinks too many tonight. 

WE ARE ONE BAD Hockey Club this year. 

Tank Commander says Over and Out.

Speaking of McCann and or Virtanen. Did I miss something? I thought Virtanen was supposed to play tonight and McCann was sitting. Would have liked Virtanen's energy out there tonight. Was there a reason for the switch? McCann was pretty average - border line invisible tonight, and I don't remember seeing much of him in the 3rd.

:)

Just now, SuperReverb2 said:

Speaking of McCann and or Virtanen. Did I miss something? I thought Virtanen was supposed to play tonight and McCann was sitting. Would have liked Virtanen's energy out there tonight. Was there a reason for the switch?

Virt was bag skated at practice today. That's all the info we have 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That would be friggin awesome.  Maybe we get a couple more firsts via the trade route?  

I concur

For us to set an objective to make the playoffs  - THat  is not achieveable this year.

For us to set an objective to finish 30th and get a generational player..... THAT is Achieveable. 

Lets do this. SELL , SELL , SELL 

Just now, SuperReverb2 said:

Speaking of McCann and or Virtanen. Did I miss something? I thought Virtanen was supposed to play tonight and McCann was sitting. Would have liked Virtanen's energy out there tonight. Was there a reason for the switch?

Apparently Virtanen did not have a good morning skate, while McCann did. 

Archived