The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] ZODIAC II: Monkey Business

Master Radishes

Dr.S was in surgery yesterday IIRC...

Quick history lesson time; did you know that in Greek and Roman architecture, when they placed columns at the entrances they built them specifically so that if you were just a passerby, you'd think it's perfect? But - if you really checked close, you'd notice that they weren't perfect but instead had a slight curvature to them. It's brilliance, really. Because unless you're looking close enough, no one really notices...

Vote Baer

19 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Dr.S was in surgery yesterday IIRC...

Quick history lesson time; did you know that in Greek and Roman architecture, when they placed columns at the entrances they built them specifically so that if you were just a passerby, you'd think it's perfect? But - if you really checked close, you'd notice that they weren't perfect but instead had a slight curvature to them. It's brilliance, really. Because unless you're looking close enough, no one really notices...

Vote Baer

Saturday actually not much of a surgery though just put a plate and screws in

sorry guys i took a couple t3's and they knocked me out

i just woke up to poo/read thread will promptly return to sleep with contributions incoming.

1 hour ago, DoughtysCheck said:

I just want to say that if Toews was tp, I would think the mafia would lynch him rather than g_bassi because Toews is more influential and helpful than bassi (no offense). That's why I'm leaning more to him being mafia.

This was exactly the point I was trying to make last night.

It would've been so easy for them to take out an important TP. Definitely makes some alarms go off with a late push to save him

1 hour ago, DoughtysCheck said:

I just want to say that if Toews was tp, I would think the mafia would lynch him rather than g_bassi because Toews is more influential and helpful than bassi (no offense). That's why I'm leaning more to him being mafia.

otherwise was lynched, not bassi. But yeah, I can't even dispute how bad the timing of those votes look. :lol: 

10 hours ago, mau5trap said:

Last round I said # should be grilled for her general apathetic approach to the game.. but gauging her responses this round.. it comes across to me as TP. It feels like something along the lines of "I'm TP, if I die it's not a big deal. I'll say whatever I want" type dealio. 

Conversely, I vouched for Kaz saying that he was just playing a tight/conservative first game, but he just looks all sorts of bad now.

Her only reads are the people who vote for her or think she's sketchy lmao. What part of that reads town to you?

Just went back and checked the bandwagon on Hashy, and everyone on it has either flipped town or there's good reason to believe they're town. So there goes that.

6 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Her only reads are the people who vote for her or think she's sketchy lmao. What part of that reads town to you?

Just went back and checked the bandwagon on Hashy, and everyone on it has either flipped town or there's good reason to believe they're town. So there goes that.

Says the main person I've been suspicious of since round 1.

Mafia Games World News

Siu Yuk Edition

Fear is still running rampant in the town with accusations being hurled back and forth
as the town tries to root out members of the  evil fire monkey triad.

A near brawl took place between Jay Jay and DoughtysCheck as each accused the other of triad ties.

It is not known at press time, whether one or both actually have a triad affiliation.

That continuing and unreasoned fear gripping the town has cost the life of Otherwise,
who was lynched in a shocking last minute turn of events.

With that unreasoned panic taking hold of the town, the fire monkey triad celebrated by feasting on roast pig.

The venerable Master Radishes could not be reached for comment before press time.

@JohnLocke Why only 1 post yesterday?

15 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

I'm back. 

After briefly reading through the pages, I believe the prime suspect for me right now is Hashtag. She has posted a bit, but in her posts she rarely says anything consequential. She's playing a little... off. That doesn't seem like TP hashtag for me. 

M&H and TL are my 2nd and 3rd choices. I'm always suspicious of people who deliberately come out and say I'm not suspicious (because let's be honest, I play a pretty suspicious game every game regardless if I'm TP, mafia, or w/e). Dr. Strange did that earlier last round to some extent and TL is now starting to say that. It usually ends up being mafia who say that to play me so that I will be more easily swayed by their opinions. 

Vote ########

Everything you said about # could be said to you.   How you randomly just popped in and voted. Then didn't add  anything of good substance is quite bizarre. Voting for # was such a safe vote and it almost looks like you were trying to hide/waste your vote. # was in no danger yesterday in being lynch yesterday. Not sure how you played in the past but I know other people yesterday were questioning you activity and post content.

This post looks like a mafia type one and clearly you are trying to go the under the radar. 

9 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Virt's not going to tunnel hard on his teammate when GFY was a legit lynch candidate that round. 

It's not impossible, but it's pretty tinfoily to assume that he was sacrificing him for town cred. 9/10 GFY is town in that scenario IMO. 

Not "tinfoily" at all. You're underestimating the ability of these players, and your obliviousness to this has me wary. 

9 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Kaz and TL saved a more important townie by lynching someone who was scum at best and useless townie at worst. Bad timing but good intentions. 

Are you actually defending them? That was horrible! How can you not think they are pure scum after that? Cause they "saved" an "important townie"?

This post makes you looks soo bad right now.

30 minutes ago, mau5trap said:

Not "tinfoily" at all. You're underestimating the ability of these players, and your obliviousness to this has me wary. 

I'm not underestimating them at all. When was the last time a mafioso pushed hardest for their own teammate to be lynched in round one? It's stupid to worry about something with such a small possibility of being true right now.

29 minutes ago, mau5trap said:

How are you an "important townie"?

Sorry, maybe a poor choice of words but more important than otherwise at the very least. I'm actually interested in solving the game.

19 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Are you actually defending them? That was horrible! How can you not think they are pure scum after that? Cause they "saved" an "important townie"?

This post makes you looks soo bad right now.

Scum don't care which TP gets hung as long as it's not one of them. If they were scum, I'd be dead right now.

Archived