The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Christian Ehroff CLEARS

canucks411

1 hour ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I think ehrhoff was a product of how good the sedins play was in those years as opposed to ehrhoff being just that good. Clearly he hsnt done much offensively without the sedins like anson carter and burrows.

Hes not terrible or anything but i dont really see the point. Rather see is go down the stretch with our young guys getting more opportunity. Maybe call up subban for a couple games.

He had similar numbers with the Sharks too though, so it wasn't just with the Sedins

36 minutes ago, theminister said:

Never go back to your ex-girlfriend

It's just awkward and brings up memories, good and bad, that should remain in the past. 

Even if she says you don't have to call her in the morning. 

What if she brings a friend? :wub:

In any case we brought back Linden. Twice...

Some breakups were never meant to happen.  (Note necessarily the case with Christian, maybe this isn't a conversation I should be having. Just musing)

7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What if she brings a friend? :wub:

In any case we brought back Linden. Twice...

Some breakups were never meant to happen.  (Note necessarily the case with Christian, maybe this isn't a conversation I should be having. Just musing)

That's more like getting your saintly ex-wife to take you back after you ran around on her with a shinier model during a midlife crisis. 

At which point you get down on your hands and knees, and beg to be given another chance. 

idk why people are saying Ehrhoff wasn't good. since he left our PP has been crap and we've been struggling to get it back to anywhere near where it was in 2011.

He played well in Buffalo but let's face it, that team was terrible. It derailed his and Hodgson's careers. Ehr's concussion last season, I believe, was a big deal. It limited him to so many games and as an older guy, it takes a while to get back into your groove. I don't think he played heavy enough for LA.

Seeing as how Edler is out for who knows how long, JB should definitely consider grabbing Ehr. He's cheap and familiar with the group

Almost no downside to picking up Erhoff.  We have injuries and we don't have young D waiting on the farm who are ready to push for significant minutes in the NHL so it isn't like adding a body would stunt anyone's development (like it would be adding a forward when we probably have 4 AHL forwards who would benefit from longer stints in the NHL).

God forbid another D gets hurt after the trade deadline and we already have Pedan and Subban called up.... good to have a couple of those guys in the minors for emergency call ups.

The other upside is that you have some extra leeway to trade Hamhuis at the deadline (or by the time Edler comes back) by having another veteran around as a stop gap.

His salary isn't big enough to have much impact even if we had to waive him again and bury him in the minors in case Hamhuis doesn't get traded or Edler comes back earlier.

None of the above mean that I think he is or needs to be the Erhoff we used to know.  

Archived