The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Christian Ehroff CLEARS

canucks411

50 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Well it isn't like we're going to be stuck with him for very long. Short term incentive to rekindle that powerplay chemistry, and at the worst he helps the tank and we dump him in the offseason.

Is rather Weber and try to rekindle what him and hamhuis were able to do last year. 7 goals in his final 20. No point in trying to re live something that happened 5 years ago. Ehrhoff at this point is garbage. He just lost a roster spot to luke schenn. 

I am betting he gets claimed. Edmonton most likely. But I could see a playoff hopeful like Pit take him rather than trade assets for a rental. 

I think he would be a good addition to our blue line for the rest of the year but would rather go with young guys and tank for a top 3 pick. If there was ever a time to pull the plug on this season and just play the young guys and get them experience it is now.

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Is rather Weber and try to rekindle what him and hamhuis were able to do last year. 7 goals in his final 20. No point in trying to re live something that happened 5 years ago. Ehrhoff at this point is garbage. He just lost a roster spot to luke schenn. 

I bet the Kings pick up a dman in a trade now actually. And probably a much better dman.

50 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I bet the Kings pick up a dman in a trade now actually. And probably a much better dman.

I don’t think they go out any make any big trades after gambling on Sekera last year and it costing them a 1st and prospect, with nothing to show for it.  Maybe something minor, but I don’t see them over paying for another UFA this year. 

39 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This is what I think as well. LA will trade for a Dman

Hamhuis maybe?

Kings have nothing of interest to me.

No 1st, 3rd, 6th or 7th, in 2016.  The only prospect that I might consider is Kempe but that doesn’t fill any real needs for our team since we already have a decent list of our own young LW.

6 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Ehrhoff has finally found his game again under the Kings system and that he was going to start being a more effective defender for the Kings.

I guess not.

Honestly, looking at his game logs, it seems his usage has been only decreasing since the start of the season. He'll have the odd game where he plays more, but it hasn't helped his points totals. 2 points in his last 17 games (12 of those in a row without any points) and most of his ice time in the 12-15 minutes a game range.

Unless we're desperate for someone on the right side (and I don't think we are), we let him pass.

52 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Kings have nothing of interest to me.

No 1st, 3rd, 6th or 7th, in 2016.  The only prospect that I might consider is Kempe but that doesn’t fill any real needs for our team since we already have a decent list of our own young LW.

Kempe could easily be packaged for something better in the future. If they're willing to offer him we take it and run.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If it's a choice between claiming Ehrhoff or recalling Weber I think the choice is pretty clear.

At the very least he provides a point shot on the powerplay that isn't blasted at the opposing teams shinpads.

Apparently the choice isn't as clear as you might think as Weber is indeed getting the recall.

11 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Apparently the choice isn't as clear as you might think as Weber is indeed getting the recall.

Unless Vancouver is wanting to leave room for more youth or a potential return on a trade, then it may be in their best interest to bring Weber up instead of add another contract.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Unless Vancouver is wanting to leave room for more youth or a potential return on a trade, then it may be in their best interest to bring Weber up instead of add another contract.

I was just thinking that. It's gotta be a contract thing.

I mean it was reported they were looking at signing Tryamkin. Not to mention the possibility of signing Rodin and Demko this season.

The Ehrhoff frenzy on these boards in the summer was pretty comical.

And apparently some people still harbour the illusions.

He's been getting 59.6% offensive zone starts - 2nd highest on LA - against the weakest quaility of competition of anyone on their blueline.

He's been getting nearly 2 minutes a night on their powerplay.

15+ highly sheltered minutes a night - 2 goals, 9 assists and a team worst -10 in the context of playing easy ozone minutes.

Same story as in Pittsburgh.  He's done.  He's not an NHL defenseman anymore.  Why would anyone be surprised to see him waived?   The Kings actually have intentions of winning.

Archived