The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Christian Ehroff CLEARS

canucks411

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The Ehrhoff frenzy on these boards in the summer was pretty comical.

And apparently some people still harbour the illusions.

He's been getting 59.6% offensive zone starts - 2nd highest on LA - against the weakest quaility of competition of anyone on their blueline.

He's been getting nearly 2 minutes a night on their powerplay.

15+ highly sheltered minutes a night - 2 goals, 9 assists and a team worst -10 in the context of playing easy ozone minutes.

Same story as in Pittsburgh.  He's done.  He's not an NHL defenseman anymore.  Why would anyone be surprised to see him waived?   The Kings actually have intentions of winning.

That is unfortunate, not sure where the disconnect is with his game, too much of a liability and the offensive game is gone ?

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its weird how nobody is saying how terrible Lombardi is, and how he should have traded him for picks.

I guess that's just for Benning and outstanding players like Weber and Higgins

Seems like LA has got something cooking and just wanted to dump him.

I find it hard to believe they couldn't have gotten a late pick for him if they had waited closer to the deadline.

31 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Its weird how nobody is saying how terrible Lombardi is, and how he should have traded him for picks.

I guess that's just for Benning and outstanding players like Weber and Higgins

Lombardi did construct a 2 time Stanley Cup winning team. Something to consider...

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like LA has got something cooking and just wanted to dump him.

I find it hard to believe they couldn't have gotten a late pick for him if they had waited closer to the deadline.

Completely agree , going into the playoffs you want an extra D that has experience over a call- up

10 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Seems like his better days are behind him.

Too bad he made a run for the really big contract instead of staying a Canuck back in the day.

Considering how much he declined that was probably the best route for him and the Canucks. He got big $$$ before he became $&!# and we didnt get stuck with a crappy player on a long, expensive contract. 

It's possible to think both that the Canucks should claim Ehrhoff today and that he is no longer the player he was 3-4 years ago.

He's a cheap, short-term band-aid to an Edler injury, who cost nothing and has at least proven in the past to have PP chemistry with the Sedins—a powerplay that is kinda floundering. 

I'd rather have him as depth than Yannick Weber, and even though Weber is a RHD, Ehrhoff spent a lot of time on Edler's right side in 2010-2011 and looked fine.

1 hour ago, BI3KSA- said:

Considering how much he declined that was probably the best route for him and the Canucks. He got big $$$ before he became $&!# and we didnt get stuck with a crappy player on a long, expensive contract. 

ya fair enough, he would of been in the same boat as Higgins and Weber or maybe Ballard or Booth.

Archived