The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Christian Ehroff CLEARS

canucks411

Anything from our 2011 cup run we shouldn't invite back. The Sedins, Edler, Tanev, Hansen, and Hamhuis are like literally the ONLY one's left still doing good. The rest are either retired, in the minors, in Europe, or getting put on waivers. And then there's Kesler and Bieksa but Anaheim fans hate Vancouver just a little bit more cuz they're stuck with those 2. I guess Kesler isn't doing awful points wise but he's a FAR cry from the shutdown 2 way centre Anaheim thought they were getting.

There's a reason Ehrhoff went from a huge contract to getting bought out to getting league minimum basically to being on waivers. Just like Salo, Higgins, Burrows, Lapierre,  Malhotra, Raymond, and so on... he's just not the player he used to be.

That team is cursed if you look where they almost all are now. Stay away.

8 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Anything from our 2011 cup run we shouldn't invite back. The Sedins, Edler, Tanev, Hansen, and Hamhuis are like literally the ONLY one's left still doing good. The rest are either retired, in the minors, in Europe, or getting put on waivers. And then there's Kesler and Bieksa but Anaheim fans hate Vancouver just a little bit more cuz they're stuck with those 2. I guess Kesler isn't doing awful points wise but he's a FAR cry from the shutdown 2 way centre Anaheim thought they were getting.

There's a reason Ehrhoff went from a huge contract to getting bought out to getting league minimum basically to being on waivers. Just like Salo, Higgins, Burrows, Lapierre,  Malhotra, Raymond, and so on... he's just not the player he used to be.

That team is cursed if you look where they almost all are now. Stay away.

uhm, Luongo? Schneider?

regards,  G.

3 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

Oh right. Forgot about the goalies lol. I was just running the forwards and d men through my head. My bad.

Meh, it is easy to forget about those guys as the Canucks were spending so much time on the other team's side of the ice in those days. :)

regards, G.

tampa just lost garrison 3-5 weeks and they didnt even bite. goes to show that teams are very reluctant to take a contract on via waivers. Or if they do it is on a younger player usually who hasnt been given a chance. Not an older washed up has been guy.

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

this shouldnt take long for a un named canuck to be named as the player traded...after all LA is wanting a rhd apparently

LA would have to add a pick. But knowing Benning, he'd throw in a 5th just cuz. Lol jk. We don't need him. Just buries Pedan further and they're working on getting Tryamkin over here too. I'd take either of those Russians over Ehrhoff.

28 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Trade Erhoff for Weber. Each have a 1.5 mil cap hit. There's a completely lateral move.

something i thought I would never hear. Erhoff and Weber together in a sentence. lol. how far Erhoff has fallen since his days with the Canucks. 

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

The more guys I see go through waivers this year the more I think the GM's have colluded together to manipulate the cap. 

Or they don't see value in bottom end replacement level players; many of whom have exceeded their shelf life.

GM's are smart to pick them up, now are they smart enough to stop over paying and giving long term deals to players who havent proven much or are near 30 or past their prime? That is the key in all this otherwise there will be more and likely higher priced players going on waiver down the road.

The GM's handcuff themselves with the cap when tying up and giving ntc and nmc to most of the guys they have. 

Archived