The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] A few thing that have been on my mind

bp79

It has been awhile since I've made a post so please try to go easy on me.ive been reading a lot on  hf about trading Val from Dallas and what his worth is. And it  got me to thinking of all the comparisons at the time how gillis was an idiot for taking Bo over him. especially when from what we heard Toronto and the oilers both made better offers for lou if my memory is correct Kadri and gardiner from  the leafs and the 7th overall; plus something else from the  oil.. He said no and as we know traded for perhaps one of the best players in the draft. haven't heard any bo vs val threads in quite awhile. and id rather have bo then nurse imho and imagine lou or if it was Corey in the oil deal how much better they night be Not to be forgotten is markstrom  who I know in less start has put up pretty much the same numbers as lou while being 10 years younger on a worse team, and a way better contract.

Now on to Miller who gets ripped a lot and that is an understatement, although he has been pretty good on most nights but when he is tired his game suffers. his last 5 games have been probably some of his best since coming here. Saying all that  I from day one was team Jacob look back in some of last years posts. where he was just ripped apart. Even tho under 1 year of rolly the damn best goalie coach around he has completely transformed his game. And is on record at the time as saying he was better then lack and miller.  so does anyone else think maybe we run with him and trade Miller? The Ducks Sharks stars and others can't be to confident in what they have Especially the ducks. who seem to have a not yet ready Gibson. and Anderson has been underwhelming in the playoffs I like Miller just think Jacob at this point is better and is our future for the next 3-5 years. Maybe I'm wrong but I think teams would love to add miller especially now that he isn't over played. he was great until wd played him for 17 straight games in a brutal part of our schedule.

and finally why all the hate on jb? he comes off as a little wet behind the ears yet has pulled off good trade after good trade. and we sure weren't complaining when vrbata potted 30 something now  were we?. same with wd he stuck with sven  didn't give up on Bo. you guys all complain about vey in over mcann. sorry vey has done better and can win a face off. I see mcann as a great top 6 guy not a 4th line centre. but where u gonna playhim. and has he really earned it whats it been 30 games out of 44 since he scored.. And 2 more things and ill shut up I think we should stop picking on Bart and sbisa. especially Lucas the guy has grown by leaps and bounds I think he is way underrated here Also I say trade hammer vrbata hanson as well as miller I'm sure we could get some great picks and prospects

Thank you for taking the time to read my book lol and hope some will offer some feedback and what they think we should do. Have A great day

59 minutes ago, bp79 said:

It has been awhile since I've made a post so please try to go easy on me.ive been reading a lot on  hf about trading Val from Dallas and what his worth is. And it  got me to thinking of all the comparisons at the time how gillis was an idiot for taking Bo over him. especially when from what we heard Toronto and the oilers both made better offers for lou if my memory is correct Kadri and gardiner from  the leafs and the 7th overall; plus something else from the  oil.. He said no and as we know traded for perhaps one of the best players in the draft. haven't heard any bo vs val threads in quite awhile. and id rather have bo then nurse imho and imagine lou or if it was Corey in the oil deal how much better they night be Not to be forgotten is markstrom  who I know in less start has put up pretty much the same numbers as lou while being 10 years younger on a worse team, and a way better contract.

Now on to Miller who gets ripped a lot and that is an understatement, although he has been pretty good on most nights but when he is tired his game suffers. his last 5 games have been probably some of his best since coming here. Saying all that  I from day one was team Jacob look back in some of last years posts. where he was just ripped apart. Even tho under 1 year of rolly the damn best goalie coach around he has completely transformed his game. And is on record at the time as saying he was better then lack and miller.  so does anyone else think maybe we run with him and trade Miller? The Ducks Sharks stars and others can't be to confident in what they have Especially the ducks. who seem to have a not yet ready Gibson. and Anderson has been underwhelming in the playoffs I like Miller just think Jacob at this point is better and is our future for the next 3-5 years. Maybe I'm wrong but I think teams would love to add miller especially now that he isn't over played. he was great until wd played him for 17 straight games in a brutal part of our schedule.

and finally why all the hate on jb? he comes off as a little wet behind the ears yet has pulled off good trade after good trade. and we sure weren't complaining when vrbata potted 30 something now  were we?. same with wd he stuck with sven  didn't give up on Bo. you guys all complain about vey in over mcann. sorry vey has done better and can win a face off. I see mcann as a great top 6 guy not a 4th line centre. but where u gonna playhim. and has he really earned it whats it been 30 games out of 44 since he scored.. And 2 more things and ill shut up I think we should stop picking on Bart and sbisa. especially Lucas the guy has grown by leaps and bounds I think he is way underrated here Also I say trade hammer vrbata hanson as well as miller I'm sure we could get some great picks and prospects

Thank you for taking the time to read my book lol and hope some will offer some feedback and what they think we should do. Have A great day

After sifting through your post, and translating it to English :lol: I saw some interesting ideas.   Yes McCann needs to play with skilled guys.  Does Dorsett score like Virtanen did on last game's set up?  Plus, we should trade Miller and free up Cap for UFAs, like STAMKOS.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

After sifting through your post, and translating it to English :lol: I saw some interesting ideas.   Yes McCann needs to play with skilled guys.  Does Dorsett score like Virtanen did on last game's set up?  Plus, we should trade Miller and free up Cap for UFAs, like STAMKOS.

But where will Miller go? 

Just now, nom_de_plume said:

Let's go easy on the OP... Apprently this typing is a result of a bad keyboard and a botched Tommy John surgery... Something tells me there was a lobotomy in there that OP didn't know about

Time to change this old alien's diaper again.    :lol:. Too funny!  

In point form:

- Bo Horvat is worth it. Despite other offers at the draft being available, and people complaining about not getting Nichushkin, Horvat has clearly proven them wrong.

- Miller has been solid as of late. OP still believes Markstrom should be getting more starts, as he should be our future starter.

- Give Benning credit where he is due. He stuck with guys he traded for, Baertschi as an example of this working out.

- Stop the hate on Bartkowski/Sbisa. The OP believes Sbisa has grown tremendously this year. 

I agree that Gilis drafted the right guy in Horvat.

I'd consider moving Miller as well, but wouldn't be easy with a small sample of teams and probably the need to get a young G or backup back as part of a deal.  Don't see it happening.  I also think Ahaheim is probably pretty confident in the young tandem they have...

I also agree that GMJB have made some solid trades, and that Sbisa has improved considerably.

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

In point form:

- Bo Horvat is worth it. Despite other offers at the draft being available, and people complaining about not getting Nichushkin, Horvat has clearly proven them wrong.

- Miller has been solid as of late. OP still believes Markstrom should be getting more starts, as he should be our future starter.

- Give Benning credit where he is due. He stuck with guys he traded for, Baertschi as an example of this working out.

- Stop the hate on Bartkowski/Sbisa. The OP believes Sbisa has grown tremendously this year. 

You possess an inherent ability to paraphrase, the OP couldn't have said it better himself. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Got to say I thought it was my eyes! Thanks everyone! LOL

I thought one of Alf's family had appeared and hadn't learned English yet!

Sorry OP! I should be more sensitive!

Archived