The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

16 minutes ago, theminister said:

I could do Botch's job. 

He seems to write ideas after they have been on CDC for days. 

Curious....

No theminister, you could not do Botch's job.

You could not possibly do as bad a job as Botch.  You are far too talented, intelligent and integral.

I do wish the Province would shut their yaps though, and stop poaching ideas from actual thinking hockey minds on these forums.

I can't help but feel that anything they publish is a pre-emptive curse.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You could not possibly do as bad a job as Botch.  You are far too talented, intelligent and integral.

I do wish the Province would shut their yaps though, and stop poaching ideas from actual thinking hockey minds on these forums.

Clearly Botch is on these forums. The question is, who is he on these forums?

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

THe medias job is to spew out random info, especially for a sports guy covering the Canucks during a time like this. Its to be expeceted we cant stop it, so its a whatever thing.

Just like Eklund should be shutdown but he is out their throwing crap against the wall daily, waiting till mid day to post rumours or comments that have already been said 

Atleast bowman has shown he is willing to use his first at the deadline for a rental like vermette last year. They draft well in other rounds and have great scouts finding players like panarin that they have faith in themselves outside of first round picks. Hope for hammer that he goes there because id love him to win a cup out of this. Hed be more likely to come back with the ring taken care of.

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

is pokka more of a 2 way d man not so much an offensive one? Hes offensive numbers are .5ppg which is okay but it isnt lighting the A on fire like say Montour 

Nothing wrong with a steady D prospect just wondering if he has a PP calibler slap shot or is projected to be an offensive contributor. 

I think he is essential in the deal for us

Yeah all around D with some nice size. Good potential second pairing, right side guy. Moves the puck well but offense isn't his main strong point. 

He'll put up decent points while playing sound defensively and pushing the puck forward.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah all around D with some nice size. Good potential second pairing, right side guy. Moves the puck well but offense isn't his main strong point. 

He'll put up decent points while playing sound defensively and pushing the puck forward.

So like Tanev but more offense, so could also be a possible D pairing with Hutton if it isnt Tanev

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't about all that... it wasn't so much about me... it was that he never writes anything original. It's simple regurgitation from here.

The crypt keeper, for all his faults, at least is highly literate and did stick his neck out on his own ideas. He was often wrong but he did add something different to the conversation.

Botch is simply a shill. He's like Pronman but for Vancouver only. I'm surprised that a Leafs fan has gotten so much traction in this market. It goes to show what self promotion can do for a career in the social media world.

Pokka and 1st this year would be ideal. Schmalz would be nice as he plays with boeser i believe.

I just dont see them trading their young american draftees that have developed a few years already. They probably are higher on schmalz and hartman than what they would be drafting between 22 to 30 this draft.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

Pokka and 1st this year would be ideal. Schmalz would be nice as he plays with boeser i believe.

I just dont see them trading their young american draftees that have developed a few years already. They probably are higher on schmalz and hartman than what they would be drafting between 22 to 30 this draft.

Keith and Seabrook are both from BC if they could convince Hamhuis to resign with them their top 4 dman would be scary. They would likely win 3 cups in a row.

3 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

I don't think the Hawks have the cap space to re-sign Hamhuis or any other rental.

That would depend highly on whether they can ship out Bickell/Scuderi.

In addition, they'd possibly be willing to pay more to get that done. They've done it before to dump contracts over the last few years. Cost of doing business.

Archived