The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Sharks, Feb. 28th 4PM, Sportsnet

Salter

On February 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Strange start time, 4:00 PM PST? If it was against an Eastern team, then it would make sense. But even then, home games should start at 7:00 PM PST.

I for one am glad it's an early game. Hard to get my kids to their first game when puck drop is their bedtime normally! The boys can't wait!

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Why are we giving all the credit to "the kids" it's not like our vets are not putting in massive shifts too. Burr for example is snake bitten in just about everything he tries but he is all over the opposition and these are the thankless tasks that make wins possible.

I'm sick of people on here acting like the vets are just there to make up the numbers. Open your eyes and watch the game.

Calm down.  All I said was 'I think the kids will continue to play well.'   We are in a rebuild and playing quite a few of them.  We need them to play well, and lately they have.  Nowhere in my post did I diss the veterans.  In fact, if you noticed my posts, I'm a huge supporter of the Sedins.  And I've often commented that they can't win games by themselves... that they need help from the others, which at this time means the kids.  You will also notice that I did mention some vets in my post... the Sedins and Miller.  Did you expect me to mention everyone on the roster?  It was after all just a game PREDICTION as to who might play well.

Your comment (highlighted by the mod) that I should open my eyes was arrogant and uncalled for. 

1 hour ago, gino#29 said:

wow,all the guy said was i think the kids will continue to play well and he didn't denigrate the vets at all,nice biotchy smackdown.............................NOT.

Thank you.  I appreciate someone with good reading comprehension.

1 hour ago, gino#29 said:

wow,all the guy said was i think the kids will continue to play well and he didn't denigrate the vets at all,nice biotchy smackdown.............................NOT.

The kids are patchy, as kids are. He made it sound like they are the ones who are enabling us to progress. It's a team effort.

6 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

The kids are patchy, as kids are. He made it sound like they are the ones who are enabling us to progress. It's a team effort.

No, YOU are making it sound like that.  I repeat... we need the kids to play well, and I'm thrilled that they are.  I was only making a prediction (as we do here on the GDT) that they will continue to play well.  No disrespect to the vets was intended.  You are being unreasonably defensive about them.

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

Draft position! What is a strong finish going to get you? I will take a top ten pick with the potential for a top 3. A franchise type player. A Linden type of player.

Your mentality is the way the owners think. It may force Benning to make a dumb deal for the now, that may involve our first round pick. some stupid deal with Toronto for Kadri and Gardiner.

So a high draft pick may or may not pan out... I'm guessing has a little more chance of panning out then a mid first round pick... But what's worth more, a winning/hardworking attitude and the confidence it gives the team with a strong finish; or a tanking attitude and the humiliation that goes along with it just for a higher draft pick that may or may not pan out anyway. 

Im not saying trade away our prospects to make the playoffs. Make the necessary trades to make our team better for next year. Just don't pull a Toronto or an Edmonton and bottom dwell for draft picks.

Linden is right, I think teams that tank don't have class. 

1 hour ago, yes we can nucks said:

No, YOU are making it sound like that.  I repeat... we need the kids to play well, and I'm thrilled that they are.  I was only making a prediction (as we do here on the GDT) that they will continue to play well.  No disrespect to the vets was intended.  You are being unreasonably defensive about them.

ok

Archived