The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friday meeting with Jim B...

19naslund19

54 minutes ago, 19naslund19 said:

Any civilized questions we

should ask?

What's the next idiotic trade you're planning on making?

How stupid are you that you let both Hamhuis and Vrbata walk?

Would you mind not trading our scoring prospects for trash?

Why is this conversation not taking place on the way to the airport?

So far, I've been a supporter of JB but I must admit, he's got me scratching my head a bit. 

I hope he can offer logical explanations for his lack of activity today and not lame attempts to evade questions. Virtually every panel on every channel are trying to figure out why Benning held back on Hammer and Vrbata, especially, after admitting he doesn't expect to make the playoffs this year.

9 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Can't wait to hear what Benning has to say.

Fair enough if Hamhuis did not want to waive, but not a single deal to get Vrbata or any of the old guys out.  Give me a break

Guess they don't want to get any more draft picks in return.   Business 101, try to get something that you will loose for nothing.  Guess the brain trust of this organization have not figure it that out yet.

Wait maybe management still thinks we can make the playoffs and be a cup contender this year lol.

Benning might be the best scout in the world, but definitely have no idea how to run the team.   Lets continue to stay in the middle of the pack(not sucking and not good enough).

Great Day to be a Canucks Fan

Go Canucks Go!

Jim Benning allow these two men to say something to you

https://youtu.be/75SEy1qu71I

As mentioned in another thread, Benning probably didn't like the offers tabled for available players ( Hammer, Vrbata ) etc.

I'm not defending him at all. Holding onto a UFA in a retooling/rebuilding stage is just downright stupid. 

Maybe the offers were beyond pathetic and JB told the other GMs where they can stick their offers.

Answer:

Calgary has a better GM than us and got returns on players that needed to be dealt. Hudler got a deal instead of Vrbata and Russel got one ahead of Hamhuis. Both clubs in similar situatuions. 

Granted Hudler had more value than Vrbata, but what about Hamhuis? He agreed to Dallas, I'm sure there was a deal that cold be made. In the end Treliving was more pro active and got the job done. 9 picks for them this draft. JB take notes...

1 minute ago, Kraken70 said:

So far, I've been a supporter of JB but I must admit, he's got me scratching my head a bit. 

I hope he can offer logical explanations for his lack of activity today and not lame attempts to evade questions. Virtually every panel on every channel are trying to figure out why Benning held back on Hammer and Vrbata, especially, after admitting he doesn't expect to make the playoffs this year.

The natural thing is to compare Van's progress with Calgary. IMHO the dif is that Calgary had younger assets to move. By the time Benning had to make that choice his vets were simply to old and their games run down to far.

Because Hamhuis and Vrbata were not moved the Canuck rebuild will take much longer.

Archived