The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Islanders

Heretic

28 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

canucks fans "this team is garbage, get rid of the useless vets and play the kids more"

team moves vets and frees up roster spots for youth

canucks fans "this team is garbage, can't win with a bunch of rookies, i'm not watching this train wreck"

If only the young players were getting the ice time...  the only somewhat young player that saw his TOI go up last month is Vey - he was tied 3rd at 17min (with Horvat).  All other youngsters are well below 15min last month and in fact saw their ice time go down compared to January.  Virtanen did get a minute more though to reach 12min.  

33 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

canucks fans "this team is garbage, get rid of the useless vets and play the kids more"

team moves vets and frees up roster spots for youth

canucks fans "this team is garbage, can't win with a bunch of rookies, i'm not watching this train wreck"

Wish I was rich and be able to afford season tickets. I'd go to the all of the games.

23 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Hopefully Tavares does something exciting like he usually does

Yeah! As a hockey fan as well as a Canucks fan, I always look forward to watching the best in action. Tavares is an under-rated player. Our d are going to have their hands full tonight.

I can't bring myself to predict a loss so, Canucks win 4-3 in an exciting game.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

5 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Lose every game for the rest of the year.  That is all I want to see.  Get to the draft with the #1 or #2 pick.  I care nothing for the rest of this season.

Now this is what I call a real fan! I am serious !

This is a fan who understands what the team needs and is prepared to suffer through some losses. Those who whine about watching losses and complaining about entertainment level are not real fans. For them it is just the in thing to do. Sit at Canuck games and play with their phones.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Willie: "We need to play the young guys more to help them develop."

-Translation: "I need to play Linden Vey 18 minutes a night because he's my son and I love him."

and make sure he gets that 1st PP time...I really hope he isnt resigned so he is back next year clogging up the works.

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Me too.  If you see a cute little furry alien tossing crap on the ice (literally) to voice his anger at the team's lack of direction, that's NOT me.  My cousin is going too.:lol:  I'm the other cute alien, who will be sneaking around looking for the owner.  I have a BIG BAG of CRAP for his 1000 dollar shoes!

You should put it on his doorstep...light it on fire...ring the doorbell and run.

32 minutes ago, mll said:

If only the young players were getting the ice time...  the only somewhat young player that saw his TOI go up last month is Vey - he was tied 3rd at 17min (with Horvat).  All other youngsters are well below 15min last month and in fact saw their ice time go down compared to January.  Virtanen did get a minute more though to reach 12min.  

Where are you getting your stats from ? 

24 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Now this is what I call a real fan! I am serious !

This is a fan who understands what the team needs and is prepared to suffer through some losses. Those who whine about watching losses and complaining about entertainment level are not real fans. For them it is just the in thing to do. Sit at Canuck games and play with their phones.

I don't mind them losing at this stage but it's about how they lose. If they lose and it looks like they didn't try then that's really dissapointing. If you as a fan want them to play effortless then idk what to say. 

But if the team tries hard and put in effort every game. Then that's really pleasing to see. It tells a lot about their characters; out of the playoffs and still trying? That's the mentality you want, not hoping for them to lose and simply get a high draft pick.

the 

.___       .__                     .___                   
|   | _____|  | _____    ____    __| _/___________  ______
|   |/  ___/  | \__  \  /    \  / __ |/ __ \_  __ \/  ___/
|   |\___ \|  |__/ __ \|   |  \/ /_/ \  ___/|  | \/\___ \ 
|___/____  >____(____  /___|  /\____ |\___  >__|  /____  >
         \/          \/     \/      \/    \/           \/ 

will get the

_________                              __                 
\_   ___ \_____    ____  __ __   ____ |  | __  ______     
/    \  \/\__  \  /    \|  |  \_/ ___\|  |/ / /  ___/     
\     \____/ __ \|   |  \  |  /\  \___|    <  \___ \