[GDT] Canucks VS Islanders

Heretic

They mixed up the middle six:

Etem - Horvat - Vey

Baertschi - Granlund - Virtanen

I'd personally like to see:

Baertschi - Horvat - Etem

Vey - Granlund - Virtanen

I think Horvat/Etem will work out great, but they need a playmaking winger like Baertschi . At least the young guys get to play a tonne through these last 20, that's worth watching in and of itself. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Baertschi also commented on playing with Granlund.  It looks like they are going with the lines at practice yesterday:

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Etem Horvat Vey
Baertschi Granlund Virtanen

Dorsett McCann Burrows

So our entire 2nd/3rd/4th lines consist of:

- Players no other teams wanted (Etem, Vey, Baertschi, Granlund)

- Aging useless plugs who probably wouldn't make the roster on any other team (Dorsett, Burrows)

- 19 and 20 year olds who are being relied on far too heavily (Horvat, Virtanen, McCann)

Playoffs here we come.

1 minute ago, Toni Zamboni said:

yeah, thats a bit of a puzzler to me as well....i was really liking the baers bo virts combo.

maybe mngmnt has finally accepted that losing is the best option. :frantic:

Is it really that shocking?

Willie has shown he'll play Vey over everyone if given the opportunity. He has some weird obsession with his former players. He needs to be told he's not coaching in Medicine Hat anymore.

2 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

I'm wearing my Jyrki Jokipakka jersey to game.

Said no one ever. 

Will be hard to live up to the Sens game, but has the potential to be an entertaining game.

You'll get your chance next year when Jim acquires Jyrki on a draft floor deal when he switches 1st-rounders with the Flames.

JJ will be ours.

Look at all the bitter fans in here sobbing about the lineup choices now.

This team isn't making the playoffs. They don't need to win anymore. They already know Horvat and Baertschi have chemistry together, so why not try out some different linemates? What's it really going to hurt? The team loses? Is that really a bad thing now? 

Give it a rest already.

1 minute ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

I predict the arena will be half empty tonight

canucks fans "this team is garbage, get rid of the useless vets and play the kids more"

team moves vets and frees up roster spots for youth

canucks fans "this team is garbage, can't win with a bunch of rookies, i'm not watching this train wreck"

1 minute ago, Diamond NHL said:

lmao tickets are like $10 on stubhub, I'm going, hopefully a good atmosphere 

Me too.  If you see a cute little furry alien tossing crap on the ice (literally) to voice his anger at the team's lack of direction, that's NOT me.  My cousin is going too.:lol:  I'm the other cute alien, who will be sneaking around looking for the owner.  I have a BIG BAG of CRAP for his 1000 dollar shoes!

Archived