The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rob Ford has lost his battle with Cancer - RIP

AriGold

47 minutes ago, One one two said:

Prove it.

That's a logical fallacy, the appeal to ignorance. You don't have to prove a negative. The burden of proof is upon the believers.

If folks want to claim there is an after life, then they have to prove that's true. It's not up to the rest of us to prove there is no after life.

29 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Hopefully Wynne and Trudeau do the right thing and give him a state funeral.

Wouldn't be the dumbest thing Ontario spent money on, eh Kathleen? 

Why show sympathy? So we can say "aw...shucks?" Shoe on the other foot from the other thread you're in huh? 

39 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

That's a logical fallacy, the appeal to ignorance. You don't have to prove a negative. The burden of proof is upon the believers.

If folks want to claim there is an after life, then they have to prove that's true. It's not up to the rest of us to prove there is no after life.

You do know he was joking, right?  Tone is sometimes tough to pick up on when it comes to the written word.  There is only one way to find/or not find out for sure.  So in essence he was saying in a playful way to die and then let/or not let us know.

RIP, cancer is a bitch and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.  When I got the dreaded phone call at 3am on a Sunday mourning informing me that my mom lost her battle with cancer I was seething mad.  But the drive to the hospital reminded me that her suffering has ended and that she is finally in a place as beautiful as her. 

40 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

She can take the money out of the man-hating feminist ad campaigns.

You sure seem to have a problem with women...

Trump supporter - check

Doesn't like Trudeau's 50/50 cabinet - check

Rails against - "man-hating" ads - check

Having trouble getting a date?

36 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

First law of thermodynamics

The first law of thermodynamics is a version of the law of conservation of energy, adapted for thermodynamic systems. The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. The first law is often formulated by stating that the change in the internal energy of a closed system is equal to the amount of heat supplied to the system, minus the amount of work done by the system on its surroundings.

What are nerve impulses?

A nerve impulse is an electrical signal that travels along an axon. There is an electrical difference between the inside of the axon and its surroundings, like a tiny battery. When the nerve is activated, there is a sudden change in the voltage across the wall of the axon, caused by the movement of ions in and out of the neuron. This triggers a wave of electrical activity that passes from the cell body along the length of the axon to the synapse.

Also:

m=E/c2 

Energy is not destroyed... the energy that makes each and every one of us has existed since the beginning of time and shall exist until the end of the time. The energy being that you are is not destroyed upon death it only changes form. Science has proved there is an afterlife, that there is a before life. I will leave it to the philosophers to hypothesise whether or not there is conscious awareness in this form change but the fact is an after life has been scientifically proven already by people far more intelligent than you or I.  

44 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

That's a logical fallacy, the appeal to ignorance. You  don't have to prove a negative. The burden of proof is upon the believers.

LOL

Claiming that there is no afterlife is making a claim all the same.

6 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Energy is not destroyed... the energy that makes each and every one of us has existed since the beginning of time and shall exist until the end of the time. The energy being that you are is not destroyed upon death it only changes form. Science has proved there is an afterlife, that there is a before life. I will leave it to the philosophers to hypothesise whether or not there is conscious awareness in this form change but the fact is an after life has been scientifically proven already by people far more intelligent than you or I.  

uhhhh what? It sounds like you are saying Energy = Life... which, really, is quite a mad claim... although I suppose I would expect nothing less from you...

Also - the term scientifc proof or 'scientifcally proven' kinda shows you have a flawed understanding of what science is. Proof exists in mathematics, but not in science.

Archived