The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames recall Shinkaruk

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Here's hoping he burns us and helps the tank, it'd be perfect!

I've been watching this game.  Shinkaruk, from tonight, is not an NHL player.  He stays on the perimiter and does little.  I thought he was fast too.  He looks really slow.  It is his first game, but there is not much there.  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I've been watching this game.  Shinkaruk, from tonight, is not an NHL player.  He stays on the perimiter and does little.  I thought he was fast too.  He looks really slow.  It is his first game, but there is not much there.  

He hasn't looked bad or good. Playing a defensive Coyotes in Arizona obviously won't help his style of play. Still early..

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm gonna give it a while before I make a decision one way or another as to his play, summer and training camp will be telling. It may not be next season, but I do think there's an NHL player to be had from him.

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, smokes said:

I hope Sven and Markus burns the Flames every chance they get.

That a way Smokes.  I'm with ya 110%.  Once a guy goes, he's gone.  Except Kassian - liked him.  Oh and Loui.  He's cool.  Oh, and Bieksa, loved that guy.  Oh and Eddie, he was too cute.  Hate the rest of them though.  Go Bo Go!:towel:

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm gonna give it a while before I make a decision one way or another as to his play, summer and training camp will be telling. It may not be next season, but I do think there's an NHL player to be had from him.

We'll see.

I see Shink as not an NHL player, but I still DO NOT like the trade.  I would rather we get picks, like what we gave up for Sven - a second.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see Shink as not an NHL player, but I still DO NOT like the trade.  I would rather we get picks, like what we gave up for Sven - a second.  

That's fine, everyone's gonna see differently. But yeah, wasn't keen on the trade either. I'm not sold on Granlund, but I suppose we'll be getting a larger sample size.

Ideally I would have let him cook longer, which I expect the Flames will do next season unless he blows them away.

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Hartley is really trying to put Shinkaruk in a position to succeed by playing him with Monahan and on the 1st power play. Nice to see a coach do this with a young player.

He just got an assist on the PP.. 

Archived