The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coilers 6 - Nux 2 - April 06 2016

Toni Zamboni

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I have relatives from Edmonton.  Don't ever let up on them.  Many of us suffered through the 80s and have not forgotten.  Don't care if they miss the playoffs another 10 years.

Hopefully after 5 seasons McDavid will want out. And get traded to another team and win multiple cups. :)

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

I think we lose the tie-breaker with Columbus.  We both have the same number of ROWs and split the season series, but the Jackets won in OT so we got 3 points whereas they got 2.  Thus it looks like we need them to pass us.

Tie break is ROW, then overall wins.  CBJ has 2 more.  Vancouver takes that tie breaker...  I think lol

7 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I hear ya.  Major change is needed and major moves are necessary for that to happen.  The Sedin era has passed.

Yup. I see Bo trying hard to steer the bus and it hits home that the Sedins are yesterday's news. Just a couple guys hanging around until retirement day. 

30 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Great leadership by our veterans.  5 PPs against the worst team in the league and our top line gets zero points.

If you're going to call out teammates for lack of effort, you had better be above suspicion yourself and what I saw from the Sedins tonight was numerous lazy fly-bys and one-handed waiving at the puck while staying on the perimeter passing away PP opportunities.

Next year the transition to new leadership (C and As) has to be done.

I do not see the approach to the game or the attitude changing under the current leadership.

They looked completely disinterested in playing. I can't see the young guns wanting to pattern their games off of that type of uninspired, lifeless play. 

It seems like the only thing that the Sedins have been consistent with lately is calling out their teammates. That's some great leadership....

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh boy. If Willy thinks that was a good start he doesn't know what good hockey is.

And the idea that our powerplay was the difference tonight? Seriously? Letting in 6 goals was the difference tonight.

I guess we sort of controlled most of the play for the 1st 10 minutes... 

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well that's it Shinkaruk is going to be a 50 goal scorer and Granlund will be out of the league by next season.

Shinkaruk won't be a 50 goal scorer any time soon (or any time at all), but there is decent chance that Granlund will out of the NHL (i.e. in Utica) at some point next season. He will probably start at 4C but he is marginal as an NHL player and he has reached the age (turns 23 in April) where, for forwards at least, you normally get a pretty good sense of how good the player is. Yes, there is still time for improvement and yes, there are late bloomers, but I don't think the outlook for Granlund is very good. After all, Horvat is a full two years younger (just turned 21) and he is already a much better center than Granlund. And Horvat is a likely 2C/3C, not a franchise type 1C. 

Granlund had pretty good numbers in the AHL  (similar to Shinkaruk's on an age-adjusted basis) but it has not translated to the NHL. 

8 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Tie break is ROW, then overall wins.  CBJ has 2 more.  Vancouver takes that tie breaker...  I think lol

From nhl.com:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  2. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any ""odd"" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
  3. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

We win on the third one, but looks like we lose on the second.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

They looked completely disinterested in playing. I can't see the young guns wanting to pattern their games off of that type of uninspired, lifeless play. 

It seems like the only thing that the Sedins have been consistent with lately is calling out their teammates. That's some great leadership....

"Time to go" (knock..knock...knock)/ "Time to go" (knock...knock...knock). 

If Winnipeg wins tomorrow and Calgary beats us in regulation then we cant pass either of them in points since Winnipeg will be 3 up and Calgary 2 but with more ROW....so at worst we finish 26th if that happens.

Edmonton won the lottery last year from 26th.:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This game reminded me how much I hate watching games on CBC.

Not sure I've even heard Bruins games be that biased towards one team.

I was wondering if Markstrom had changed his name to "the goalie" - they could at lest get to know their names. 

Ahh well, CBC has gone steadily downhill since they lost the HNIC theme and now we have to suffer through seeing Stroumboulopoulos' junk and listening to Kyprios reminisce about how good he wasn't. 

35 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It needs new ideas and new players.  Sedins live on the boards and love to pass around the perimeter.  I mean, 5 PPs tonight and they didn't register a point.  Not even a shot in the first three. 

I didn't get to watch this game, so to hear zero sog after three pp vs the coilers?

just wow

Just now, Bob Long said:

I was wondering if Markstrom had changed his name to "the goalie" - they could at lest get to know their names. 

Ahh well, CBC has gone steadily downhill since they lost the HNIC theme and now we have to suffer through seeing Stroumboulopoulos' junk and listening to Kyprios reminisce about how good he wasn't. 

I hate CBC as much as anyone but shouldn't we be hating on Rogers for this?

Archived