The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And on the 7th Day...

Derp...

23 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I know, it's a seemingly impossible process, especially since I do not know if the lists change each click. I wonder too if the list is completed, as I have encountered 'this combination is not available' a number of times

Wouldn't it be cool if they made the list heading into the draft public? I mean, then we could see ball by ball as to whether or not we're close to the pick. I would find that exciting, to get the first 3 balls and the anticipated heart attack on the 4th ball. 

I believe the "combinations not available" are the combinations of the previous winning  team (s). For example, if  Edmonton won again then all their combinations (135) would not bein play anymore but they can still come up in the next draw - making them unavailable. 

Edit: Which actually makes everbody else's odds go up since there is a smaller overall number

Just now, Canorth said:

I believe the "combinations not available" are the combinations of the previous winning  team (s). For example, if  Edmonton won again then all their combinations (135) would not bein play anymore but they can still come up in the next draw - making them unavailable. 

I've wondered about this for the draft itself. If they encounter a combination of a team that's already won, then they would do a redraw again? For a team like Toronto, that would be 1/5th of the picks, making a redraw likely by the third pick. Frustrating to say the least, the optics would also be ridiculous. 

Archived