The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do we draft with the 5th pick? Poll

5th pick, we draft?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

For those of you who don't like Chychrun at 5 what are the particular things that scare/ turn you off of him? Is it just "he's has fallen down the central scouting list"?

I personally think he's been steady for most of the year.

Despite coming off shoulder surgery at the end of last season his coach started throwing him out 28-32 minutes a game this season. He definitely when from hyped up to underrated IMO.

Juolevi's stock has risen. No doubting that. I think Serg is more of a risk but his upside is high.

I personally don't think there's a definitive top defenseman in this draft.

I prefer Chychrun personality because I think he is the best fit, best skater, best in his own end and could be a #1 defenseman. I want a defenseman that can do it all and he is capable of doing so.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

So embarrassing.  Come to the conclusion today that it's us against the world. We will be handed nothing. 

we got the twins, linden bure in the past! we always get something, chin up! we got a really good player nothing embarrassing about it.

43 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I personally think he's been steady for most of the year.

Despite coming off shoulder surgery at the end of last season his coach started throwing him out 28-32 minutes a game this season. He definitely when from hyped up to underrated IMO.

Juolevi's stock has risen. No doubting that. I think Serg is more of a risk but his upside is high.

I personally don't think there's a definitive top defenseman in this draft.

I prefer Chychrun personality because I think he is the best fit, best skater, best in his own end and could be a #1 defenseman. I want a defenseman that can do it all and he is capable of doing so.

I agree. But I am starting to like Sergachyov a lot. The guy is very impressive.  

All depends on the Oilers but if Benning thinks McCann is the guy to take the reigns after Hank...then take Tkachuk.  If not take Dubois and package McCann and the 33rd pick for a mid 1st and grab a D. Could be interesting, I like McCann but I just dont think he is big enough to be a top line center in the west.

27 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

I agree. But I am starting to like Sergachyov a lot. The guy is very impressive.  

Yeah he is a lot like Ristolainen but with more flair. Plays big minutes like Chychrun too.

Also plays with Logan Stanley, a projected 1st round/early 2nd defenseman.

2 hours ago, Tyl3z said:

Trade the pick down and select Chychrun or Juolevi. Also get an asset in return. They'd be dumb not to. And even dumber to take Dubois. Why take a kid who wasn't even ranked in the top 10, but then has a hot second half and is all of a sudden up in the rankings. Canucks would be playing with fire and likely shooting themselves in the foot. Just my opinion though. 

Dubois was ranked 8th in both Bobby Macs pre-season and mid-season rankings....

Between Tkachuk or Dubois I would go with Tkachuk. As far as a defenceman goes you have a choice of Chychrun who is an excellent  skater, not afraid to throw his weight around, or Juolevi who has excellent vision and hockey sense  or Sergachev who plays with tenacity and competitiveness. Canucks could use any one of them. Let the speculating begin on who's the better fit.

1 hour ago, baumerman77 said:

For those of you who don't like Chychrun at 5 what are the particular things that scare/ turn you off of him? Is it just "he's has fallen down the central scouting list"?

For me, he reeks of an Edler type player... decent at a lot of things, excellent at none.  That is probably his ceiling, which isn't terrible but not what we need.  We probably need to swing for the fences and go for a less safe bet but with more upside.

We have a defence full of decent at everything - great at nothing utility players... adding another one in the same mold is not the best fit in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

we need a d man prospect really bad...

Yes the Canucks need to address that issue, but I feel like going with the best player available should be the way the Canucks go. At least this time around.

Archived