The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I have to hope my D block a crap ton of shots and your top guys $&!# the bed

Although I purposely made a huge trade knowing I would end up one and done no matter who I faced.

Well, you do have 4 D!

I did not think the team you took over was going to make the play off's. Making a trade that added serious futures, and still making the dance?

I think you have done well by your team! 

Next year, start compiling a more serious post-season team.  That was / is our goal as well... 

6 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

If anyone is interested in Brent Burns, we may trade him before the draft and are willing to listen to offers before then.

That at being said, we'd be really happy if we started the season with him as well, so we won't do anything that doesn't make sense for the team both in the present and long term.

There goes keeping the team intact? Letting the youth elevate it into a contender...  :bigblush:

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Well, you do have 4 D!

I did not think the team you took over was going to make the play off's. Making a trade that added serious futures, and still making the dance?

I think you have done well by your team! 

Next year, start compiling a more serious post-season team.  That was / is our goal as well... 

That was my plan from the start. I have changed a pretty big chunk of the roster this season and am sort of banking on a couple of teams to bounce back to playoffs next year.

I think what I am most happy with is the additions I have made have gotten my team a lot younger and have rebuilt what was a pretty thin prospect pool at all positions. If a few guys can make the jump my depth will allow me to trade for some playoff heavy hitters next year I think. Well I hope anyway lol.

jtbrotator.jpg

It looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets are going to face the Eastern favourite in the first round, The New York Rangers. For the last few weeks we have been resting key players (Bobrovsky has been parked) with the hope of sliding back into the wildcard spot and avoiding the rest of the Metro altogether until the 3rd round. But @Watermelons caught on, and has matched us scratch-for-scratch, and we have not lost any ground.

But after discussing it with Tonto @Monty, we have decided to embrace a first round matchup with the Rangers. For a run to the finals, we will have to go through New York, and it is actually better for us to face them the first round. The team is loaded with depth from many playoff favourites, and barring some upsets IRL will likely still be stacked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. However, the strength of the players' real-life teams don't matter nearly as much in the first round, when all of the playoff players are still in. Plus, if a playoff favourite (like Chicago or Washington) sweeps the first round, those players will likely not score as much as guys who play a 6-or-7-game series, whether or not they end up advancing. And since the trade deadline, even with us resting the top goaltender in the league (along with some of our top players), CBJ has been posting over a half-point per game more than NYR, so our players are rolling.

So...

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

58bc62bb4af82_rangerssigsmaller.jpg.214fa290b0aefddd46ccb859911c7333.jpg

Projected playoff lineup:

Panik (CHI) - Malkin (PIT) - Kane (CHI)

Granlund (MIN) - Krejci (BOS) - Pominville (MIN)

Connolly (WSH) - Eller (WSH) - Kuznetsov (WSH)

Hansen (SJS) - Karlsson (SJS) - Ward (SJS)

Flynn (MTL) - Vermette (ANA) - L.Shaw (ANA)

Edmondson (STL) - Ellis (NSH)

Brodin (MIN) - Folin (MIN)

DeMelo (SJS) - Dillon (SJS)

Ruhwedel (PIT) - Schmidt (WSH)

Crawford (CHI)

Lindgren (MTL)

...meet:

img_20150804_1829121.jpg

Projected playoff lineup:

Panarin (CHI) - Pavelski (SJS) - Hoffman (OTT)

Shaw (MTL) - Staal (MIN) - Niederreiter (MIN)

McLeod (NSH) - Boyle (TOR) - Stewart (MIN)

Hendricks (EDM) - Cullen (PIT) - Labanc (SJS)

Black Aces: Gabriel (MIN), Chartier (SJS), Musil (STL), Moore (TOR), Russell (EDM)

Cole (PIT) - Jones (CBJ)

Petry (MTL) - Orlov (WSH)

Daley (PIT) - Ekholm (NSH)

Stoner (ANA)

Black Aces: Larsson (ANA), Bergman (SJS)

Bobrovsky (CBJ)

Condon (OTT)

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

It looks like the Columbus Blue Jackets are going to face the Eastern favourite in the first round, The New York Rangers. For the last few weeks we have been resting key players (Bobrovsky has been parked) with the hope of sliding back into the wildcard spot and avoiding the rest of the Metro altogether until the 3rd round. But @Watermelons caught on, and has matched us scratch-for-scratch, and we have not lost any ground.

My team has slumped pretty hard the last couple months and as things stand right now we are looking like an easy opponent to defeat in the first round. I currently have 10 players injured currently and over the last 2 months have had key guys like Lundqvist, Letang, Kreider, Couture, Neal, Byfuglien, and Mantha all out at the same time. I have been resting two guys in Miller and Martinez over the last two weeks in hopes of avoiding a match-up against @Master Mind's Rangers as well but I don't think I could have caught up either way. You and @Monty have built a fantastic team that looks poised to be a contender for years to come. What a turnaround it has been for the Blue Jackets compared to a bottom 5 finish last year (if I remember correctly).

That said, @inane it looks like I'll be facing you in the first round. Going into the season I had pretty high hopes for my team but with key players in Martinez and Killorn being eliminated and Letang ruled out for 4-6 months I don't know if my team has enough gas in the tank for a long playoff run. It doesn't help that my top 3 defencemen are all unavailable in the post-season. My only hope right now would be a high scoring series between the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens that ends up with the Rangers winning. 

Projected playoff roster assuming everyone becomes healthy:

JT Miller - Logan Couture - James Neal

Rick Nash - Alexander Wennberg - Chris Kreider

Patrick Eaves - Nick Schmaltz - Tommy Wingels

Matt Stajan - Riley Nash

Johnny Oduya - Nick Holden

Taylor Chorney - Adam Clendening

Shea Theodore

Henrik Lundqvist
Aaron Dell

1 minute ago, Watermelons said:

My team has slumped pretty hard the last couple months and as things stand right now we are looking like an easy opponent to defeat in the first round. I currently have 10 players injured currently and over the last 2 months have had key guys like Lundqvist, Letang, Kreider, Couture, Neal, Byfuglien, and Mantha all out at the same time. I have been resting two guys in Miller and Martinez over the last two weeks in hopes of avoiding a match-up against @Master Mind's Rangers as well but I don't think I could have caught up either way. You and @Monty have built a fantastic team that looks poised to be a contender for years to come. What a turnaround it has been for the Blue Jackets compared to a bottom 5 finish last year (if I remember correctly).

That said, @inane it looks like I'll be facing you in the first round. Going into the season I had pretty high hopes for my team but with key players in Martinez and Killorn being eliminated and Letang ruled out for 4-6 months I don't know if my team has enough gas in the tank for a long playoff run. It doesn't help that my top 3 defencemen are all unavailable in the post-season. My only hope right now would be a high scoring series between the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens that ends up with the Rangers winning. 

Matt Stajan - Riley Nash

Shea Theodore

Henrik Lundqvist
Aaron Dell

Florida's current playoff roster

Milan Lucic - Nicklas Backstrom - TJ Oshie

Phillip Danault - Tomas Hertl - Jordan Eberle

Jimmy Vesey - Derek Stepan - Ryan Dzingel

Zach Hyman - Chris Tierney - Dwight King

Extras: Josh Leivo/Colton Sissons/Tanner Kero/Daniel Winnik

Zdeno Chara - Nikita Zaitsev

Matt Irwin - Kevin Bieksa

Dion Phaneuf

Martin Jones

Jonathan Bernier

Feeling pretty confident about that, the only players on my regular season roster of any real note who aren't on my playoff roster are Esa Lindell and Brett Ritchie on Dallas, Derek STUD Forbort on LA and Sven Baertschi on Vancouver with Gudbranson and Zadorov out for the year. 

46 minutes ago, Watermelons said:

Matt Stajan - Riley Nash

Shea Theodore

Henrik Lundqvist
Aaron Dell

I wouldn't sell that roster short. Especially with the real Rangers, like you, getting to bypass the rest of the Metro to get to the conference finals.

The one problem though is the Habs. Even though your Ranger players have a shot to advance, I doubt that will be a high scoring series...

For the last few weeks we have been resting key players (Bobrovsky has been parked) with the hope of sliding back into the wildcard spot and avoiding the rest of the Metro altogether until the 3rd round.

I have been resting two guys in Miller and Martinez over the last two weeks

Hey @Nail, why don't you join them? It's what all the cool cats are doing these days.

ANNOUNCMENT

The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to announce the hiring of one @Mr.Miyagi as our AGM.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, we are the unlikliest of good friends. Mrs. Tylez and I adopted this goof  (not literally) after some tough times. So I figured why not put him to work! 

Welcome aboard... hope you don't stay long :)

1 minute ago, Tylez said:

ANNOUNCMENT

The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to announce the hiring of one @Mr.Miyagi as our AGM.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, we are the unlikliest of good friends. Mrs. Tylez and I adopted this goof  (not literally) after some tough times. So I figured why not put him to work! 

Welcome aboard... hope you don't stay long :)

Ha! For the record, I'm not 12! Thanks for making me sound stupid. Also for the record I'm taking over his team and he doesn't know it yet. 

Looking forward to the fun!

the habs need 16 more points to crack the 4 K mark 

further the habs still in competition for the 5th in the atlantic division. buffalo is just  23,8 points ahead

all those injuries threw the team back to the 6th in the past weeks 

but this all is not so important at the moment , for now our prayers going to kyle okposo and his family :(

Archived