The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

16 hours ago, somethingvery said:

58eb167c6e9f9_2017-04-0922_22_20.thumb.png.05cc53e7a74659e7ee0b653d827ecd83.png

Looking forward to a tough first round against you @apollo; I wish you the best of luck!

Funny they're matched up irl as well and it can really go either way especially what has happened in the past like last year for instance (Nashville over Anaheim). While here in Puck, it doesn't look like it'll be close on paper but it can really go either way especially if there's some upsets this playoffs so @apollo there's still hope. Best of luck to you both though. @somethingvery President's Trophy winning Blackhawks look like a force to be wreckoned with but with how the playoffs go and how it's unpredictable, you just never know. That's why you watch and play to win the game :P

5758339c92641_CDCPuck.jpg.dbe835b80c45156e290a789f2d151981.jpg

The Draft Lottery will not be held by the commissioners, but rather by the NHL. Each GM will be matched with a real-life team based on their placement in the standings. (I.e. @Tigs Capitals and the RL Avalanche, @Captain Azzy with RL Vegas, etc.) This way GM's can watch the lottery and see if they win.

As it stands, this is who each GM is matched with:

@Tigs - Colorado

@Drive-By Body Pierce - Vancouver

@Captain Azzy - Vegas

@LilBurrows - Arizona

@Salter via @Stamkos - New Jersey

@morrissex95 - Buffalo

@Salter - Detroit

@maroe - Dallas

@Drewismyname - Florida

@Phil The Thrill via @Mike Vanderhoek - Los Angeles

@gmen81 - Carolina

@Bombastik der Teutone - Winnipeg

@oldnews via @Herberts Vasiljevs - Philadelphia

@thejazz97 - Tampa Bay

@gmen81 via @canuckledraggin - New York Islanders

*Order could change after fantrax finalizes standings*

Fantrax won't be finalizing it's stats until Sunday. This means it's possible for the standings to change, including the playoff teams. These are the current matchups, but will be changed if the standings change on fantrax:

small.png@somethingvery vs small.png@apollo

small.png@oldnews vs small.png@Blue Jay 22

small.png@Jaku vs small.png@pmalina

small.png@Beary Sweet vs small.png@Tylez

small.png@Nail vs small.png@Phil The Thrill

small.png@Master Mind vs small.png@D-Money

small.png@inane vs small.png@Watermelons

small.png@wallstreetamigo vs small.png@Canuck Surfer

Players not under contract, and those who were picked up from waivers post deadline, will be removed from playoff rosters.

Special thanks to @Captain Azzy for the simple yet effective draft format, and to @somethingvery for putting up the playoff pool!

7 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Cheering for Tampa to win the lottery feels weird though.

7 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Better than cheering for LA...

You could both cheer for Vegas instead?

9 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I was changing my lineup on fantrax and now have an empty d spot that I can't fill. Any ideas?

I'm not sure why that happened WSA (I tried a bunch of changes to my roster in GM mode and wasn't able to replicate it); I have added a defenseman in the open spot. Please let a commish know if it happens again.

3 hours ago, somethingvery said:

I'm not sure why that happened WSA (I tried a bunch of changes to my roster in GM mode and wasn't able to replicate it); I have added a defenseman in the open spot. Please let a commish know if it happens again.

Awesome thanks bud much appreciated. I think I dropped a guy to the minors directly from an active slot and clicked apply before I moved someone from the reserve/minors to fill it. Then it wouldn't let me move any players anywhere. Just came up blank when clicking on move player for anyone. 

I just figured it was some league conspiracy. I am playing Boston after all :lol:

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

The Draft Lottery will not be held by the commissioners, but rather by the NHL. Each GM will be matched with a real-life team based on their placement in the standings. (I.e. @Tigs Capitals and the RL Avalanche, @Captain Azzy with RL Vegas, etc.) This way GM's can watch the lottery and see if they win.

As it stands, this is who each GM is matched with:

@Tigs - Colorado

@Drive-By Body Pierce - Vancouver

@Captain Azzy - Vegas

@LilBurrows - Arizona

@Salter via @Stamkos - New Jersey

@morrissex95 - Buffalo

@Salter - Detroit

@maroe - Dallas

@Drewismyname - Florida

@Phil The Thrill via @Mike Vanderhoek - Los Angeles

@gmen81 - Carolina

@Bombastik der Teutone - Winnipeg

@oldnews via @Herberts Vasiljevs - Philadelphia

@thejazz97 - Tampa Bay

@gmen81 via @canuckledraggin - New York Islanders

*Order could change after fantrax finalizes standings*

Great idea... definitely adds to the excitement of watching the lottery! Unless @Drive-By Body Pierce doesn't get a top 3 pick at the very least... then I'm going full of tin foil hat and exposing the NHL for the corrupt old boys club it is :D  

Really hoping Tampa doesn't win it... a) doesn't bode well for us IRL and b ) @thejazz97 has already sewered me enough in trades... this would be more salt in the wound lol!

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Great idea... definitely adds to the excitement of watching the lottery! Unless @Drive-By Body Pierce doesn't get a top 3 pick at the very least... then I'm going full of tin foil hat and exposing the NHL for the corrupt old boys club it is :D  

Really hoping Tampa doesn't win it... a) doesn't bode well for us IRL and b ) @thejazz97 has already sewered me enough in trades... this would be more salt in the wound lol!

Apollo taking his tinfoil hat status to a new level?

tumblr_inline_ojlcvzR3C81ryz8rp_500.gif

For those of you who are wondering where the playoff set up is in Fantrax (it won't be on our regular season league), please go to "My Leagues" in Fantrax and select "CDC Puck Playoffs 2016/17".

Those who are in a playoff series will have to set your lineups. As posted before, waivers are inactive and the cap is not in effect for signed players. Maximum player positions still apply but as players get knocked out of the playoffs, you will not be required to ice minimum positions. 

Love the "Consolation" bracket for non-playoff teams.

There's quite a collection of top players who are playoff-bound IRL that will not be participating in the CDC Puck playoffs...

C: Matthews, Toews, Coyle, Kadri, Turris, Galchenyuk, Backes, Dubinsky, Komarov, RNH

LW: Ovechkin, Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Marleau, Hartnell

RW: Kessel, Pastrnak, JVR, Stone, Gagner

LD: Werenski, Niskanen, Parayko, Lindholm, Sekera, Maata, Jay-Bo

RD: Burns, Karlsson, Subban, Shattenkirk, Krug, Stone

G: Dubnyk, Talbot, Murray, Rinne, Elliott, Fleury

Archived